Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Home directory registry key changed in recent build

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am trying to work out if it was this last build or two builds ago. I noticed that my settings were gone after an update. Today, I updated again. This time one of my tracks that gets weekly play was missing. Now, I run an internal as well as an external. I checked the path in the windows folder browser and the file was there. I checked the tag editor and it was looking for my external drive. This track is duplicated on both. The aha moment was when I realized VDJ was using a library from before I changed the home directory path in the registry. So, I look at the registry and notice there are now two key entries, "HomeFolder" and "Home Folder". I then check my backup and there is only one entry, "HomeFolder". It is still pointing to the desired path.

Is there supposed to be a new key entry?

Posté Fri 21 Jun 19 @ 8:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Nothing changed, VDJ8 only checks "HomeFolder"

Posté Fri 21 Jun 19 @ 8:17 pm
Weird. I wounder why would I have two key entries?
I just got back from tonight's gig. I'll try to look into it more this weekend. I'll delete the key with the space to see if things still work as expected. I'll also update the backup to see if a new key is added. The back up has stayed a few versions back on purpose.

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 3:47 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Just took a look : I have the same two keys
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VirtualDJ]
"Home Folder"="C:\\Users\\Nicotux\\Documents\\VirtualDJ\\"
"HomeFolder"="C:\\Users\\Nicotux\\Documents\\VirtualDJ\\"

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 3:57 am
Nicotux wrote :

Just took a look : I have the same two keys
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VirtualDJ]
"Home Folder"="C:\\Users\\Nicotux\\Documents\\VirtualDJ\\"
"HomeFolder"="C:\\Users\\Nicotux\\Documents\\VirtualDJ\\"

What build are you on? I'll pull out my gig laptop in a bit. I need to eat first.

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 4:09 am

What build are you on? I'll pull out my gig laptop in a bit. I need to eat first.

current early access both 32 & 64 bit
v8.3 b5045

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 4:47 am
Okay, so the version I have now is v8.3 b5045 32bit
I cannot say for sure this was the build that introduced the difference. It may have been one or two builds earlier. I'll get the back up out next and check the build that does not have the issue.

EDIT: I just looked to see if my share directory had updated so I could check the version of my backup laptop and noticed that the database had not been updated. However, the database in the default directory was updated. It seems that this build is ignoring the directory specified in the registry.

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 5:02 am
As my database is in default directory on this test/dev machine i can't verify

I will use the registered the pro version in a few hours it was not updated to latest builds
badly i used the early version last week due to a needed feature not working in last release

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 5:39 am
as promized
both present on "not updated" early access both 32 & 64 bit
v8.3 b5002

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 9:44 am
I have my home folder set to D:\VirtualDJ which is a custom home folder.

Installed the latest version and it has booted to the correct home folder. no issues.

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 9:52 am
I updated my backup laptop from b4787 to b5045. The second entry did not happen. Maybe something between those build numbers did it. I'll remove the entry and see if my custom directory is honored.

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 5:01 pm
weird i had the double entry as well even though i have not changed anything with it

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 5:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Looks like the installer sets both (could be there for VirtualDJ 7 compatiblity), but VirtualDJ 8 only uses "HomeFolder"
There have not been any changes to this since the release of VirtualDJ 8.

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 5:29 pm
I removed the other entry and rebooted. It is now working with the correct directory. Now I just have to clean up some history files and fix changed in my database.
Hopefully the installer won't change the entry in the next update.

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 5:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)