Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pioneer XDJ-XZ All-in-One - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I just use it for the last 2 or 3 tracks at a gig so I can pack the laptop and other bits away. I used it for a whole gig in a 80s club one night and it was OK, but nowhere close to using VDJ.

One good thing about the MCX8000 is the seamless switching between VDJ and standalone as there's no difference in sound output between them.

Posté Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 11:09 am
For me an all in one system provides me the best of all worlds.

I use my RX for pretty much all my personal gigs, unless i'm doing a club set where they have CDJs already installed.

- There has been occasions where i will invite a guest or friend to my residency and they can play straight from USB off the RX.
- The ability to use USB as a backup when VDJ crashes (hardly ever) or windows decides it wants to something crazy like update etc, it has saved me a number of times.
- Having a few producer friends turn up to my gigs also me to play some of their latest tracks without worrying about downloading it or plugging their USB key into my laptop.
- USB recording my sets, means less stress on my laptop.
- I always use the RX in RX mixer mode, which means i can use all the great effects from pioneer and will suffer zero lag from the faders with regarding to scratching.

So for me the All in one will always be my go to style unit over a controller, regardless that 85% of the time that's how i use it.

Anyway putting the all in one debate aside, it does bug me that manufacturers such as the likes of Pioneer seem to have lost faith with VDJ over the last year or so.
Seems there's a lot of priority and effort in getting their hardware Serato compatible and affiliated. Even when 1 of their products can be used with VDJ they make no mention of it, but will happily provide info on how to connect Traktor or Serato.

Rant Over..... and back on topic.

Wonder if Atomix get to see these product pre release to work on getting VDJ compatible quicker?

Posté Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 12:29 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posté Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 8:36 pm
royvanmeel wrote :
I waited for the real thing, because all pictures could be rendered, but I still don't see an USB port for a USB stick? I do see 2 USB ports for connecting PC but not a USB stick input? Pioneer always has a USB stick input on top of their devices...
So this could be a very expensive controller? Instead of a stand-alone?

right hand side. upper top

Posté Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 8:53 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I just use it for the last 2 or 3 tracks at a gig so I can pack the laptop and other bits away. I used it for a whole gig in a 80s club one night and it was OK, but nowhere close to using VDJ.

One good thing about the MCX8000 is the seamless switching between VDJ and standalone as there's no difference in sound output between them.

are you still happy with the mcx8000? the prime 4 seems overkill for me. and the more screens, and built in technical stuff. the more things can go wrong. i had an early mcx8000. but was buggy. i assume firmware fixed that. i like denon a lot. i have had so many niggles with pio stuff. and the planned obsolesence if so obv on them like mac products.

i mean the ink on my ddj sz2 which i barely used. after 3 months the paint was fading away. loose faders, etc. yet the cheaper controllers seem to last longer. just bought a ddj 800. and the sound quality is awful. makes my speakers clip and rumble? my NI z2, and older pio stuff doesnt do that.

yet my old denon dnx6000mk2 is still going. software neutral. and sounds great. just a bit cramped mixer wise if djing house and techno..

Posté Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 9:04 pm
bad part. read the review. its still only 2 channels can be seen on the screen. and the other 2 are meant for cdjs or tts. has some nice new features. but it looks misleading. but then again 4 waveforms on that small a screen? and its a lot more money than the prime 4

Posté Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 9:31 am
It is 4 channels if you use Rekordbox DJ on your laptop connected with the XZ.
and
It is 2 channels (stand-alone) from USB stick (and 2 left for PC or other hardware)

This means that VDJ could also be 4 channels :) There are already some YouTube vids where they use the 4 channels with rekordbox. The waveforms are 2 simultaneously.
If you switch deck to 3 or 4, the waveforms will change to 3 and/or 4 just like Denon does on the SC5000 stand alone players.

Posté Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 9:37 am
Any idea from the Atomix dev guys of when this will get supported by VDJ?

Posté Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 11:18 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
Any idea from the Atomix dev guys of when this will get supported by VDJ?

Pioneer will support Serato somewhere begin 2020 when they unlock the HID functionality for them...

So my guess: VDJ can't do anything yet and maybe they can look into it after Pioneer has unlocked the hardware for Serato support..

Don't hold your breath ;)

Posté Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 11:24 am
Quite possibly, but the it does work via HID right now with RB either via MIDI or HID.

My understanding was that Serato support will be based on a firmware update to the XZ, so wonder if it that is just to update feature availability that the initial firmware doesn't allow at present.

Either way my comment still stands as, do Pioneer actually go out to the likes of VDJ and for that matter Traktor to give them opportunity to develop compatibility.

Posté Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 2:22 pm

Posté Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 2:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
midi... Well at least it's an open protocol, but GD why do they drag their feet with bringing in HID.
hey well midi 2.0 is released next year. [and I'll bet a beer it won't come in a firmware update]

Posté Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 3:16 pm
All devices of this kind are actually hybrid MIDI/HID controllers.
MIDI is used for all buttons, and HID is used for volume sliders, jogs and the screen.

Yes we do plan to support the unit.
As always, no ETA can be given/announced

Posté Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 6:02 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

That's all i needed to know, thanks. I'll hold off the purchase until its fully supported.

Posté Wed 20 Nov 19 @ 8:22 am
I did talk to VDJ and they will be supporting the XDJ-XY like they do most other controllers. I am waiting for them to support it as I use VDJ for my KDJ and rekordbox for reg DJing

Kristof St wrote :
My hardware supplier told me it will be officially launched Tuesday, november 12th.
Probably great news for the Serato and Rekordbox users ...
Guessing VDJ will not be supported so we will have to wait for some months until it's usable with VDJ (I strongly hope I am wrong on this).
And for the use of the USB sticks (use in stand alone mode with only USB sticks or for backup purposes) I guess we will have to convert our collection to Rekordbox (again, I strongly hope I am wrong on this too).

Would be nice (GREAT) if it would be possible to export (or convert) VDJ collection and/or playlists to use on Denon Prime 4 (can be used with Serato, Rekordbox, Engine (and Traktor collection can be converted to Engine, so Traktor users are also able to work seamless with the Prime 4). Sadly, no conversion from VDJ) or the new coming Pioneer XDJ XZ (also only for Rekordbox and Serato ?).
Up to now, if we want to jump on the pro-stand-alone-midi controller train, we are being forced to jump ship because VDJ seems to be left out in all cases ...

Shouldn't Atomix anticipate on this evolution and provide some kind of converter so VDJ collection (including metadata (que-points, beatgrids, loops)) and playlists can be used on these systems ? (Talk to/collaborate with Mix Master G of the DJ CU (ATGR) to implement this in VDJ?)
Or even better, collaborate with the high-end (Pro) hardware manufacturers if VDJ wants to stay in the game ...

I personally don't believe that stand-alone controllers are completely gonna wipe out DJ software being used on laptops or tablets. The screens on the latest controllers are simply to small to work with for a longer period of time (especially for mobile DJ's, with several hour sets (average 5 or 6 hours)). And to keep the controllers compact and easy to transport, I don't think it's a good idea to make them larger (and heavier) by adding a bigger screen.
If I have the choice of a 13 inch, 15 inch or (in my case) 17 inch laptop instead of a 10 inch or even smaller controller screen, I would always choose the bigger screen.
I simply have a better overall view on a bigger screen and it works smoother and easier.
But for backup purposes or smaller (shorter) venue's, it's nice to have the possibility the work with only USB sticks.
It also gives a big reassurance when you have a backup at your fingertips (should something go wrong with the laptop/collection).

Just my 2 cents :-)

Posté Fri 06 Dec 19 @ 12:01 pm
Same waiting to they support VDJ

Mr DJ Mel wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

That's all i needed to know, thanks. I'll hold off the purchase until its fully supported.

Posté Tue 24 Dec 19 @ 11:25 pm
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi, Any updates on the Pioneer XDJ-XZ working with VDJ?

Thanks

Posté Fri 17 Jan 20 @ 11:46 am
Ok, no I’m sitting at a point where I buy the unit AND virtual DJ... or I buy the unit and use serato.

Soooo what’s going on, the unit has been out for months now... do you even have someone workin on the mapping?

Nevermind.... Virtual DJ lies.

Posté Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 8:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Months ?
Its coming soon.
If anyone wants to give a try to beta mapping files , send me a PM

Posté Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 12:37 pm
jasontillas wrote :
Ok, no I’m sitting at a point where I buy the unit AND virtual DJ... or I buy the unit and use serato.

Soooo what’s going on, the unit has been out for months now... do you even have someone workin on the mapping?

Nevermind.... Virtual DJ lies.

Pretty sure Serato support still hasn’t been released yet, so buying Serato isn’t going to help you right now.

I’m also looking to buy the XZ but I’m quite happy to wait for it to be fully supported before I part with any money.

Posté Thu 23 Jan 20 @ 7:22 pm
49%