Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pioneer XDJ-XZ All-in-One - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hey DJDAD, long time, no talk...

I would be pretty frickin hilarious if VDJ had support before Serato does for their own product!

;)

Posté Fri 24 Jan 20 @ 4:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's actually more a Rekordbox product, since it's the main supported software.

We are not (and never were) trying to compete anyone in regards to supporting hardware first. We always give our best to support all hardware as soon as possible, to serve VirtualDJ users

As for the XDJ-XZ, if all goes well, there will be official support next month or so.

Posté Fri 24 Jan 20 @ 2:24 pm
Beta map seems to work good. I still have a Cpl Buttons to remap.

I cant get the TRACK_REV = seek -8 to take hold though. TRACK_FWD = seek +8 works fine.. not too concerned about it as of now.

Thanks VDJ team.

Posté Fri 24 Jan 20 @ 7:19 pm
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Can I get access to the Beta map? i have had the XDJ-XZ for over a week now and i am not a fan of Rekordbox :(

Posté Sat 01 Feb 20 @ 7:07 pm
We have finished mapping and Beta testing. You will all have the chance to use and test XDJ-XZ in next Early Access (next week or so)

Posté Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 10:23 am
Wow! That's very quick!
I'm still waiting for something like a Pioneer CDJ2000nxs3 but if it takes to long I will replace my ddj-sz for this xz knowing that vdj will work. Thank you very much guys for your time and effort in all mappings.

Posté Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 10:31 am
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
djdad wrote :
We have finished mapping and Beta testing. You will all have the chance to use and test XDJ-XZ in next Early Access (next week or so)

Well done guys! Keep up the good work!

Posté Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 7:09 pm
I am very interested in this controller.
This could be the optimal solution for me.

Posté Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 9:25 am
djdad wrote :

Dad, is it possible to use 4 channel with VDJ?
I get it the XDJ-XZ has only 2 channels in standalone mode and 2 channels for external sources.

Posté Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 8:28 pm
You can use 4 software decks at once, yes.
You can also use 2 software decks and 2 stand-alone decks at the same time.
You can use 2 software decks and 2 line in decks
You can use 2 stand alone decks and 2 line decks

What's not possible, is 4 stand-alone decks at the same time

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 7:57 am
With my DJM setup and DDJ-SZ setup, I often use 3 decks VDJ and assign 1 deck for line devices or artists who plugin...
With the XDJ-XZ You can assign deck 3 and 4.. So deck 1, 2 and assigning 3 for Pc (VDj) and assign deck 4 for line will also work I assume?

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 8:16 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can use 4 software decks at once, yes.
You can also use 2 software decks and 2 stand-alone decks at the same time.
You can use 2 software decks and 2 line in decks
You can use 2 stand alone decks and 2 line decks

What's not possible, is 4 stand-alone decks at the same time

Thanks for clear info.
I guess the XDJ-XZ is based upon a hardware mixer as opposed to the DDJ-1000 then ?

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 11:33 am
royvanmeel wrote :
With my DJM setup and DDJ-SZ setup, I often use 3 decks VDJ and assign 1 deck for line devices or artists who plugin...
With the XDJ-XZ You can assign deck 3 and 4.. So deck 1, 2 and assigning 3 for Pc (VDj) and assign deck 4 for line will also work I assume?

Yes it will work.

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 12:21 pm
Mobile Zombie wrote :
I guess the XDJ-XZ is based upon a hardware mixer as opposed to the DDJ-1000 then ?

The XDJ-XZ has a Hardware mixer and Hardware Effects too

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 12:22 pm
Aha, do you mean the hardware effects will work even if using software? (as opposed to DDJ-1000)

Answer: Yes

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 12:26 pm
Hi there,
I saw that there is no button for the sampler on the xdj xz like both ddj 1000.
How is this implemented in VDJ?

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 1:46 pm
i don't get why everyone is so excited. I understand its stand alone. So what i see is a ipad touch screen with a raspberry pie built in with a ddj attached. I would rather have something where i can add pieces to it or keep the base and grow the system. The update of these controllers seems like a regurgitation of old ideas. I think I would rather have a removable center console. I also think the idea of a built in network that you can log into and add things and change stuff would be way better. AS we keep updating new software. I cant see the the point to spending that kind of money. I think its actually a step backwards. Limiting ....

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 5:26 pm
gentle-j wrote :
Hi there,
I saw that there is no button for the sampler on the xdj xz like both ddj 1000.
How is this implemented in VDJ?

The Pad mode buttons (HOTCUE, BEATLOOP, SLIP LOOP, BEATJUMP and their combinations with SHIFT pressed) can be assigned to load any VirtualDJ Pad page. In default mapping of the XDJ-XZ the Sampler Pad page can be selected using SHIFT+BEAT LOOP button and then have the 8 Pads trigger VirtualDJ samples

The audio output of VDJ Sampler is by default routed to the AUX Out channels 9,10 (AUX Source needs to be set to PC position) and control its Master Vol from the AUX VOL knob

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 6:26 pm
Hi there,
Thank you for the fast answer.
Can I put the sampler on channel 3 or 4? With the DDJ Sz I could do that. I had a volume indicator for the sampler.

Posté Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 6:35 am
By looking at XDJ-XZ pictures I can see that channel 1 and 2 has no selector switch. I guess they will always be assiged to stand-alone players as long as there are no application running. Channel 3 and 4 has selector switches in modes: Computer, Line and Phono.
But the AUX channel has a selector switch in modes: OFF, Line, Portable. So there seems to be 'portable' which puts the VDJ sampler in aux channel, right ?
Something I can't find is a DECK switch 1/3 and 2/4 as opposed to DDJ-1000. How do you control decks 3 and 4 with VDJ ?

Posté Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 7:29 am
66%