Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Akai MPK Mini3 to VDJ PC Build 6106.1712
stuad70Home userMember since 2019
Hello all, looking for some advice and resources to download a pre mapped " .mpkmini3" file for use with VDj..

I found http://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/akai/apcmini.html on this site but nothing more up to date ?

Also I'm a home user only and I do not want to pay $99 before knowing if this mapping is working is there anyway to demo it ?

Excuse any ignorance if I have missed an obvious route to this endeavour. I blame my age and the 90's ;-)

Best Regards

Stuad70

Posté Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 11:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it's listed in the manual then it's natively supported, and you simply have to download VirtualDJ from https://virtualdj.com/download/index.html
You can then try it out for free (30 days full, after that 10 minutes per session) to decide if you want to buy a license.

Posté Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 11:23 am
An MPK Mini mk3 is a MIDI keyboard:

Music keyboards like this are not natively supported by VDJ. They're not regarded as DJ controllers.

The only option really is for you to map it yourself manually.

Because it's not a natively supported device, there's no option to buy a cheap Home license for it. You'd need a full Pro license or subscription.

Posté Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 11:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you do decide to get a Pro license we can probably aid you in creating a definition and mapping file for the device though.

Posté Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 12:04 pm
stuad70Home userMember since 2019
Many Thanks All - Stu

Posté Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 5:04 am
Hi there - I have a pro license and am interested in using this device. Having trouble with it at the moment.

Posté Wed 28 Jun 23 @ 12:08 am
user25856324 wrote :
Hi there - I have a pro license and am interested in using this device. Having trouble with it at the moment.

Here is a video on how you can map a midi keyboard:

Posté Wed 28 Jun 23 @ 6:24 am