Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Question regarding settings file
I am not the guy who love to update. If I have a working setup with an old build I am fine.
I don't not need the latest bling bling.
But it happens occasionally that I am forced to update. And that sometimes gives me headache :)
In order to be more peaceful I want to be more proactive before doing an update.
One thing I think of is the settings file.
Let me know how I should treat this important file.

I usually make a backup of it before updating.
But since newly added functions in the new build sometimes gives extra options in the settings file, is it OK to just use the old backed up settings file and overwrite the newly created?
Or will the vdj installer use the old settings file and create a new one based on that?
I need to know better what is the best way to guarantee that all my settings are still present after an update. Thanks!

Posté Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 7:39 am
Back up the one you have if you want then let the update modify the working file.

In 13 years of using VDJ I've never ever had a corrupt settings file and it's been the original one all along.

No need to worry.

Posté Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 7:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Indeed fine to just leave the settings file alone.
To backup before update (or regularly anyway) you can also use the backup feature within vdj, which will not only copy the settings file but also database, history, playlists...

Posté Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 8:29 am
Hi. I would like to know if the virtual DJ has its settings saved in the cloud to load them on another pc when I login.
By the way, where do I find his backup settings? I did not find it.

Posté Mon 03 Jan 22 @ 1:56 pm
No, it will not save your settings on the cloud.
However it's relative easy to setup a cloud service to sync VirtualDJ folder for you between multiple computers.

Finally there are 2 ways to access backups.
First way is to use the browser options button. It's the round button on the left side of the browser area.
You can click on it and then select Database->Create Database Backup. A dialog will appear that let's you choose what to backup.
The other way is to enter Settings -> Options and search for "backup"
There you can set where and how often automatic backups should occur

Posté Mon 03 Jan 22 @ 6:54 pm