Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Again two machines two different versions. - Page: 1
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Main pc is on

Gig machine on one shown in downloads, has another update been pulled? early access is turned off

Posté Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 10:52 pm
Double checked both machines early access is NO, but today one updated twice and is on latest early access, the other is on 6569 main build, so why am i getting early access?

Posté Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 11:24 pm
they are versions that were stable and have been reverted to early access

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 12:19 am
This is getting crazy, what version is actually stable, as looks like 6569 has a know issue with freezing
Can't tell the bride on her first dance sorry, I need a stable version to gig with.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 12:40 am
OMG now 6569 been put to early release yet no announcement!!! Communicate to those of us who earn a living from this and have reputations we want to keep please!

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Correct. There's not much to announce.
If you already updated to 6569 you will get offered the update to 6608 which fixes this issue, and if you're still on 6541 you will not get the an update yet.

Also note that regardless of this, VirtualDJ does not update automatically. You still get the choice to update or not and if you have an important event coming up and don't have time to test beforehand or don't have a backup, then of course it's wise to wait with the update until after the event. (The same goes for any update of course, not just VirtualDJ)

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:19 am
where did 6568 suddenly come from, not there last night but is today?

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:20 am
Adion wrote :
If you already updated to 6569 you will get offered the update to 6608 which fixes this issue, and if you're still on 6541 you will not get the an update yet.

Also note that regardless of this, VirtualDJ does not update automatically. You still get the choice to update or not and if you have an important event coming up and don't have time to test beforehand or don't have a backup, then of course it's wise to wait with the update until after the event. (The same goes for any update of course, not just VirtualDJ)

Correction 6541 is asking me to update

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:20 am
Adion wrote :

6569 is not a new update despite you claiming it came out yesterday in logs. So now if on 6569 i should update to an early release to get over one issue and fall into all the others that have subsequently been put to early release come on honestly maybe announce we have put the last 5 updates back to early release because we are not happy with them, let your customers who are gigging know.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:21 am
This is 6541 yet still wants to update

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:26 am
Probably the update was already downloaded earlier then.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:34 am
Amazed at your attitude to this to be honest, but it really does show what you think of your customers. Not all read forums or go on Facebook groups, they are blissfully unaware of all these updates and there subsequent issues that go unannounced by Atomix. It is my fault for updating an update that VDJ put out with a changelog stating it includes fixes.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:37 am
Point is that any bugs found are very minor and probably affect 0.00001% of live users.

I have ran early access builds on my machines for years and years and never had a single problem or crash.

I get what you're saying as it's been a bit confusing lately, but the chances of having something go wrong at a gig by running these versions is literally zero. I used the one that got pulled for a 5 hour gig last Friday and everything worked as normal.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:03 am
TVD UK wrote :
Amazed at your attitude to this to be honest, but it really does show what you think of your customers. Not all read forums or go on Facebook groups, they are blissfully unaware of all these updates and there subsequent issues that go unannounced by Atomix. It is my fault for updating an update that VDJ put out with a changelog stating it includes fixes.

They are not unannounced. If you are running a version where you might be affected by the issue you will get the update with the fix right in the software. (and as kradcliffe pointed out that's still a very small amount of users that would actually experience the issue)

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:29 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Point is that any bugs found are very minor and probably affect 0.00001% of live users.

I have ran early access builds on my machines for years and years and never had a single problem or crash.

I get what you're saying as it's been a bit confusing lately, but the chances of having something go wrong at a gig by running these versions is literally zero. I used the one that got pulled for a 5 hour gig last Friday and everything worked as normal.

Where did you pluck this figure from? I can't tell my client oh we know there is a bug in this software it may or may not be ok can I?
Going on this forum many have had this problem, wat until Friday gig time and those that do contribute to trying to help.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:44 am
For those that have a gig and reputation ruined we say sorry, next time don't update our updates. Unbelievable attitude here. I am a paying customer please treat me with some respect and not put the blame on me for these updates. Maybe even add a description to updates, advised to , critical, new features so we can better decide if we should update. putting in them "Fix" is to me saying you need to update if you use beatport or have a Denon screen

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:50 am
The simple answer is to go back to a previous stable version if you feel unsafe using the latest one. Takes seconds to do and is easily downloadable.

From now on just disable early access.

Each to their own but I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 10:01 am
Early access is disabled that is my point!!! These were NOT early access they were main releases pulled then made early access look at my screen shots!!! Even 6569 now early access it wasn't last night if you bother to look at what i post. They basically pull them back make them early release then blame Me/Us for updating LOL All on 6541 now, i will just have to live with it KEEP asking me do i want to update.. NO I don't! Worse than Windowz updates these days.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 10:35 am
In this instance they may have been downloaded (cached) to your machine.

You can select to not install them then go to documents> virtualdj> cache and delete the update64_xxxx.ready file.

As stated before, it's very unusual a version gets pulled. this is purely a one-off due to the issues found with stems.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 10:44 am
Unusual the last 5 have, then same happened a few weeks back, ( I posted about it) don't help DJs who do this for a living not having full trust in the software they use. Never thought i would need backup software, now got RB on standby. Imagine being in a field no access to internet with software that crashes or locks up. VDJ used to be rock solid, for some reason something in the company has changed .

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 10:52 am
95%