Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Initialize Controller (Read Fader Values) via SysEx Message oninit Denon MC2000
I am unhappy about the current situation, that my Denon MC2000 faders are not initialize on VDJ startup.

In 2013 I got a corrected information from Denon which SysEx Message neet to be send to the controller to get information about all fader values.

The corect SysEx code is: F0 7E B0 4A 39 F7

Can somebody tell me how to enter this information in controller oninit?

Thank you.
Sascha

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 9:35 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are using the default built-in definition for this controller, then this is already the sysex that VirtualDJ sends.

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 9:58 am
I will double check this later on, but I can´t remember that this work.
Maybe due a mistake in the denon documentation. Denon wrote in 2013:

“B0 4A 39” is not actually correct so we will need to amend our documentation accordingly.
“F0 7E B0 4A 39 F7” is correct.

So is there no possibiliy to send SysEx Messages from Scripts in OnInit?

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 10:02 am
Okay, I checked this. Even with Factory Defaut the Fader won´t initilize.

Due to the fault in the Denon documentation I guess this fault has taken also by VDJ.
I have all email corespose with Denon about that.
What is needed is to correct the SysEx initilize data message in the VDJ internal device definition.

How can I address this issue to be solved in future versions?

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 3:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The sysex as you wrote is exactly what vdj sends too.
To send your own sysex you would need to create your own definition but that would still send the same sysex.
If you want to check with your device you could try to use midi-ox

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 4:35 pm
Strange. Okay, I need then to check it. In 2013 it worked exactly with the corrected information.

Maybe VDJ override it (all faders)? I understand that volume levels are at 100% by default at startup. Is VDJ setting them before or after the SysEx Message? If after, what I expect can not work. But it belong to all faders. Pitch as well.

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 5:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is also a chance the sysex to not working if the denon asio driver is not installed. I remember at least one similar case with a denon device.

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 8:03 pm
Good idea. But so far, also in 2013 when I had this issue and contact denon I did not use ASIO. But I will double check it.

Thank you.

Posté Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 8:16 pm
I don't know about MC2000
But for MC6000MKII I do know that the device doesn't respond to the request sysex if the ASIO drivers are not installed on the same PC.
It doesn't matter if you are using them or not. As long as they are installed the device will respond to sysex. Otherwise it won't.

Since MC6000MKII and MC2000 are rather close in production/design era, I would suspect that it behaves the same. It needs the drivers installed, but it doesn't matter whether or not you're using them.

Posté Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 6:50 am
I just tried it.
I can´t believe it worked now. You all are right with the idea Denon ASIO Driver.
Cool.

I really thank you all very much.
Have a nice day
Sascha

Posté Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 7:05 am