Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Virtual DJ Freezing for 4 Seconds
I'm using a Denon MCX8000 with Virtual DJ Infinity.
This always happens after playing around 30 - 40 songs during an evening.
The song will freeze for around 4 seconds and only happens once during a function.
does any one have any ideas?????

Thanks in Advance.

Posté Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 1:51 pm
could be something your computer runs in the background at about that time on every boot.

might want to clear out anything that you really don't need running automatically.

Posté Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 2:23 pm
Hi this has only started since I changed from the Denon MC6000 TO MCX8000.

Posté Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 10:00 pm
Are you running the correct Denon ASIO drivers for the MCX8000?

https://www.denondj.com/mcx8000-mcx8000xus

Install_Denon_DJ_MCX8000_1.0.5.exe

If so check the ASIO control panel and up the latency slightly. Sounds like your PC is running out of buffer.

Posté Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 10:11 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I don't think this is related to anything else but VDJ

whatever the config can be:

currently there are blackouts after a function VDJ is sometimes not responding depending on previous action
everything seems to be ok on screen but no action can be done
some stack/rack do not display
after some time they all start to apply in sequence and then VDJ start responding again

not clear what initiates this state

Posté Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 10:24 pm
The ASIO drivers are up to date. I have changed the USB cable and the issue is still there.
I will try to use a different USB port on the laptop.

Posté Tue 14 Sep 21 @ 1:34 am
I have struggled with this same issue on my Numark NVII controller and DELL laptop. I have removed various software, removed external mice and the like, updated drivers etc etc, even spent and hour in chat with Atomix support all no no avail. The problem worsened to the point the waveform displays on the controller and all performance pads would completely lock up. My last attempt at resolving this issue was to get a USB c docking station to add different USB ports. It has only been a week and I have not used the rig extensively but the problem has so far not occurred. I can’t say for sure this has fixed my issue or that it will fix yours, but my feeling is the problem lies in the USB subsystem of the laptop.

Posté Wed 15 Sep 21 @ 12:42 pm
Some laptop brands (including Dell unfortunately) have notorious issues with DPC latency.
On some cases removing "Dell Support Assist" application will fix some of of them, or at least make them bearable.
Also not all ASIO drivers are the same. On the same system some drivers can provide better latency than others.

So, the first attempt to solve this issue should be to increase ASIO audio buffer. The "default" value of the driver may be too low for a given system.
If increasing the buffer improves things, then it means that it's a performance issue and that the given drivers with the given hardware don't play well. There are a few optimizations that can be done to allow lower latency values, but on most cases they are not going to solve the issue once and for all.
If increasing the buffer doesn't make any difference then it's either a communications issue (faulty USB cable, loose USB ports connection e.t.c.) or a software/driver misbehaving badly.
The latest can usually be found by letting a DPC latency checker tool measure latency during your regular performance until the issue occurs.
If it's some kind of application or driver that causes the issue then it should have been logged by the DPC tool.

Posté Wed 15 Sep 21 @ 12:59 pm