Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet It is possible to set one only number after the comma?
I know my question could sound strange.
i wonder if is possible to have just 1 number after the comma. so to make more similar to pioneer

Posté Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 9:04 am
Yes, it can be done, and yes the reason you want to do it is strange.
However, for it to be done, you need to modify/edit VirtualDJ's skin

Posté Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 9:06 am
i don't know how to do this on the skin but I meant also at the software level.

Posté Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 10:49 am
What do you mean "at software level" ?
VirtualDJ is using a given precision to calculate BPM, and then it uses the same precision to calculate the pitch (and other) adjustments needed for all beat-aware operations.

Asking to reduce BPM precision "at software level" makes no sense at all.
You can opt to show the user less info (less digits) and keep a high internal precision. That's fine and it's how all software work.
But reducing the internal precision means less accurate beat aware functions (like auto loops, effects, e.t.c.)

PS: Pioneer shows you one BPM digit, but it does not use only one digit to perform BPM sync, or sync beat aware effects. Rekordbox uses at least 3 digits internally, possibly even more.

Posté Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 11:03 am
maybe I express myself wrong.

I meant... now when I move the pitch is never precise... for example to find 135.4 it is easier to find 145.45678... I mean moving cursor... goes straight from 145.6 to 145.7 (without passing through 145.61, 145.62..... 145.69)

hope this explains what I want to achieve
it is kind of difficult to explain....
when you use the pioneer ddj there are 4 digits for the bpm... and moving cursore goes straight to 145.1. not 145.1232456

Posté Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 3:50 pm
Try setting pitch range to 6% or 8%

Posté Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 4:36 pm
DJ TOTY GEE wrote :

I meant... now when I move the pitch is never precise... for example to find 135.4 it is easier to find 145.45678... I mean moving cursor... goes straight from 145.6 to 145.7 (without passing through 145.61, 145.62..... 145.69)

when you use the pioneer ddj there are 4 digits for the bpm... and moving cursore goes straight to 145.1. not 145.1232456

Internally it's still the same. When VirtualDJ shows 135.61 135.62 135.63, Pioneer gear would show 135.6 for all these values. But internally it would hold the same information.
So, it's just a visual thing (how many digits you see). Not a functional thing.

PS: If you load a track on CDJ that's 128.0 BPM and move the pitch slider and now it says 132.3 this doesn't mean the track is 132.30
It means that it could be 132.31 or even 132.39. CDJ knows that and if you use the SYNC button to sync the track with another CDJ on the same LAN it will use the "132.3356" BPM value it knows the track is currently sitting at.
So it's not that pitch slider in a Pioneer CDJ moves to different steps. It's just that it's screen is showing less info.

And to come back to your original question, yes it's possible to make VirtualDJ show only one BPM digit. Or you could even make it show no digits at all. It wouldn't change how things works internally.

Posté Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 5:48 pm
DJ TOTY GEE wrote :

Maybe the OP was asking for something similar to the current option: browerBPMDigits

something maybe like deckBPMDigits to be added to the software, to set the number of digits displayed on the deck and deck info areas.

Myself I love the 2 decimal display, I do use the default, 1 decimal for the browser, though.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 9:33 am
thank you everybody

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 1:04 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
DJ TOTY GEE wrote :

Maybe the OP was asking for something similar to the current option: browerBPMDigits

something maybe like deckBPMDigits to be added to the software, to set the number of digits displayed on the deck and deck info areas.

Myself I love the 2 decimal display, I do use the default, 1 decimal for the browser, though.

Yes is what I would like. i would like to choose how many digits after zero to display.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 1:06 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
DJ TOTY GEE wrote :

Internally it's still the same. When VirtualDJ shows 135.61 135.62 135.63, Pioneer gear would show 135.6 for all these values. But internally it would hold the same information.
So, it's just a visual thing (how many digits you see). Not a functional thing.

PS: If you load a track on CDJ that's 128.0 BPM and move the pitch slider and now it says 132.3 this doesn't mean the track is 132.30
It means that it could be 132.31 or even 132.39. CDJ knows that and if you use the SYNC button to sync the track with another CDJ on the same LAN it will use the "132.3356" BPM value it knows the track is currently sitting at.
So it's not that pitch slider in a Pioneer CDJ moves to different steps. It's just that it's screen is showing less info.

And to come back to your original question, yes it's possible to make VirtualDJ show only one BPM digit. Or you could even make it show no digits at all. It wouldn't change how things works internally.

thanks. those are very precious information that answers perfectly to my question.
but now... where I should go to display just 1 digits after the zero?
not really understood.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 1:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
default pro skin has 8 places search for

format="%Pbpmex"

replace with

format="%Pbpm"

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 1:35 pm
locodog wrote :
default pro skin has 8 places search for

format="%Pbpmex"

replace with