Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ/Numark needs an ambassador? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does anyone else agree? I think VDJ needs some big time DJ who will market the software in way which gain respects and confidence. Serato has DJ Jazzy Jeff and he's a huge draw card for so many DJ's. He's the reason many have turned digital.

I look at the top of this web page and see a guy I have no idea. Who the hell? As I am sure many other people wonder the same thing when they visit this site.

Anyone else can chime in. I just felt like saying it :)

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:55 am
313ctroHome userMember since 2005
SSL has a lot more big name DJs than just Jazzy Jeff. But I agree, I have no idea who that is in the upper right. Who is that?

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 6:04 am
SSL has a helluva lot more big name DJs than Jazzy Jeff. I'd say of all the big name DJs using SSL Jazzy Jeff might even be down on tier 2 or 3.

But more on topic, I don't think VDJ/Numark needs a big name DJ to endorse the product at all. If the product is good, it'll stand on it's own.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 6:07 am
Anewesom you post a very good point, however, with a big name dj using VDJ have no doubt it will effect the population of virtual dj users in the future. It's like with anything.. If you see a popular football player wearing new boots, every kid will go and beg mum and dad to buy them, not saying virtual djers are kids or anything lol but you get my point yeah ?
the dj on the front page is Dj Styles, I suppose he just cant match it with the big dj's other companies have hooked.. I know that one of Australias biggest dj's Grant Smillie has used SSL and that had a huge effect on sales from Australia. Just something to think about, good post mate i was wondering about this myself.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:06 am
that's so true ! yeah it would be very nice , but who ? I wish one of us can get a contract and get famous ! :))) but i think it will take a little time ! don't worry i'm sure the success is soon ! I do believe in this product ! dj still scared by technologie, but look with cdj , who thought to forget vynil ? well it takes time ! and I can tell u we are lucky all ready cause the brand is growing ! but yeah it's good thing to do for the brand ! a very famous dj will bring LOT OF LOVE !

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:14 am
"But more on topic, I don't think VDJ/Numark needs a big name DJ to endorse the product at all. If the product is good, it'll stand on it's own."

Anewsome, I could not agree with you more. I could care less who is using what. I for one, am not that easily swayed. If it does not work for me, I get something else. Here's something to think about. With all of those big name DJ's using SSL, guess what software I'm using? That does not mean I will never use SSL. At the moment, VDJ offers me so much more, that it isn't even close. Case in point. I use to use another software, until I saw VDJ's video capabilities. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very confident in my abilities, and don't care what other DJs think about me using software. They don't pay me, and they said the same thing about Cd's. I also don't care who the guy is at the top of this page.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:30 am
so who is the mystery guy wearing headphones and looks like he sitting on the floor... not even DJ-ing... he looks like he is about to pray before a gig or something.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:12 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The Dj at the upper right is DJ STYLE.

He is quite famous in France, he had radio shows on big radios in France, he is a dj teacher in dj schools (UCPA) and most of all... he is sponsored by Numark (see the little numark headphones ;) )

So VDJ Numark, already has an embassador for Europe.

And I can tell you, even if Dj Style isn't as famous as David Guetta or Antoine Clamaran in Europe, when he takes the mic and talks about VDJ, everybody listens to him.

He is a House Dj, and VDJ has another Dj for presentations which is Dj Get-Down (Hip-hop Dj).

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:15 pm
yeah he was champion of france 2 times. I'm curious to listen to his mixes, does he have a website ? thks for answering .
Angel

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 1:15 pm
he doesn't have a website yet, but i was told it's in progress.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 1:20 pm
why not get C2C instead of getdown? they are world renown in the DMC. I never heard of getdown until I saw the vid on the VDJ site unfortunatelly.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:27 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think the product itself should hold it's own well enough that "famous" dj's would want to use it.

but on the flipside

When a Potential customer looks at the software and see's Dj Famous uses it too, they are like WoW I like it and if they use it to must be good.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:28 pm
i also think it will hold it self, people come over and see it and they ask me were they can buy it.
i have a couple of people renting a room for me that i have to pry off my computer chair to use my pc lol cause they were playing with this program

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:34 pm
DJ GetDown

A DJ for over 12 years, DJ Getdown has made his mark on Europe as one of the hottest R&B and Hip-Hop DJs on the scene!
To date, Getdown has twice been a finalist at DMC France, as well as earning himself Vice-Champion status in 1999. Having gained worldwide status, he's rocked crowds of over 10,000 people, released 8 records and produced over 20 mixtapes.
DJ GETDOWN WORLD TOUR 2005: (see the video on website) Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Tunisia, china, Japan, Germany, Guadeloupe, reunion island...

(source: http://www.thedjlist.com/djs/GETDOWN )

Furthermore, DJ GetDown is Gemini official's DJ.

Official Website: http://www.djgetdown.com/

DJ Style

DJ Style is a house and electro DJ. He has twice been DMC Champion in France. He has mixed in places such as the Queen in Paris, or Oyyo Club in Tunisia.
He made a perfect performance using Virtual DJ and 2 xp10 at the Queen Club along with Dj Benny Benassi.
DJ Style uses Numark gear and makes presentations on Dj shows for Numark.

As already said, no official website yet.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 3:14 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Anewsome said: I don't think VDJ/Numark needs a big name DJ to endorse the product at all. If the product is good, it'll stand on it's own.

I also agree on this point, it's more about who genuinely uses the software than those names and faces which endorse the software.

The same could be said for the DJ's themselves, let's re-word the sentance :)..

"I don't think Carl Cox needs to endorse a Big name software company at all. If he's A good DJ, he'll standout on his own.

I don't take such endorsements seriously anyway, DJ's endorse a product and you never witness them using the product outside of photo studios, I personally don't take DJ's seriously when they need work with DJ hardware/software companies, it seems to take away from their class, and make it look like they need the extra dollor or press coverage.

It's very easy to tell which DJ's have class and which don't.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 3:38 pm
3rd April, The Gadget Show, a UK tv show had Pete Tong playing with the hercules controller and virtual DJ, and a numark Ipod mixer...he chose the hercules as the best!

Go get him VDJ!

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:56 pm
Virtual DJ got me ;) hehe... :)))

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 6:41 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
well... *blushes*

someone say it. i dont want to say it.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:05 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i'll be cheap on this company and only charge... $149.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Serato is expected to do well in australia. isnt that where the company is based anyway...
serato does well in advertising in the US. these djs ( http://www.thebakaboyz.com/bakaboyz.php ) are the #1 radio djs in the US. in my area they play on Sunday nights and they have this contest http://www.thebakaboyz.com/contests.php they advertise on air. (if any of u muhfu*az win coz of this link i'll be pissed!)
cant go wrong with the #1 radio djs as ur ambassadors. their mixes are crazy.

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:21 pm
I'm sure Numark and Virtual DJ will team up with some good known DJs, when the new version is out ;)

The upcomming relases takes VDJ into the pro league, with perfect audio quality and huge timecode improvements, making it a great profesional dj software....

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:26 pm
57%