Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ/Numark needs an ambassador? - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Rune,
it's nice to hear everywhere, how good the new version is.
Looks like you are enjoying to be saddistic and tease us, more and more.....

Like waving with fresh and tasty meal, under the nose of the hungry man.

Baaad boy :-)

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 8:13 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What must be beared in mind is that MOST "Superstar" DJ's are still using yesterdays tools!, that's the nature of the business, they are used to their gear and must use it all over the world infront of large audiences, Technics turntables and Pioneer CDJ's are still standard in the high league clubs, and these are the most used pieces of equipment by "Superstar DJ's".

Rather than we aspire to them and use older equipment that has been in place for years, do they not aspire to us?, as we are the testers, the ones who can afford to take A chance with something new, the ones without large amounts of fans to please, and the ones who don't aspire to old stereotypes?, we are the New DJ's, they are catching up with us in this regard!

Virtual DJ has been around for A while, but is very new to the pro league, infact in my humble opionion, I'd say version 4 will be the birth of Virtual DJ in the pro league, paving the way for big name DJ's to start using it and playing it through some of the best club systems in the world. With earlier versions the sound engine did not permit this.

Version 4 or 4.1 should be the most noisy release (no pun intended) to date, because the fundamental programme has made the transition from good enough for most to good enough for all.

Serato entered the league at this point, with A great sound engine and timecode realism, and very stable, it soon made it's reputation in the industry as the choice of professionals, Virtual DJ on the over hand has just overtaken serato by A mile (the software has), how can I compare this, VDJ was always the faster and more efficient vehicle, but now it's engine has been repaired, and will soon catch up with Serato, as their are A lot of laps left in this race...

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 8:21 pm
Virtual Dj 4 + new XP10 controller with motorised plate will be the planet's No.1 gear for me!!! When will they come out? I suggest that Atomix team get one DJ from their country like Didier Sinclair or Antoine Clamaran to promote these.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 1:46 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm surprised Numark didnt realease a motorised platter considering they have the cdx and hdx. (off topic)

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:34 am
@l_rids [still off topic]
Like the VDJ teamers and Numark are saying that other items, then the ones recently presented, will be introduced in the near future. So I think this player with spinning platter will be one of them. Just my 2 cents.
Ewout

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 6:29 pm
I hear where everyone is coming from about these big name DJs and new motorized controllers and all your other points too. I guess everyone has different needs and desires. Those motorized controllers are real cool for bedroom DJs , wedding DJs or mobile DJs. Me personally, I like to DJ in the club. That's why I started DJing again, was to get back in the club.

Maybe where you live or the clubs you go to are different but the option usually does not exist to use xp10s, motorized controllers or anything other than what's already installed. These DJ booths are so ridiculously cramped that it's a chore to find somewhere to put a little laptop. You need to use the two technics that are there already or maybe the two CDJs that are usually there alongside the techs.

Pretty much every club around here, you are usally spinning with another DJ too, so having a bunch of crap in the DJ booth is simply not an option. I've seen some of those monstrosities that some of you have built in your blogs (I've got a collection of monstrosities too). Those things would absolutely not fly at most every club I play at.

When I do clubs I roll with everything in one record case. My TCV, laptop, headphones and needles. That's it. You need to be able to setup quickly (usually while someone else is playing),.. and you need to be able to get the hell out of there quickly as well.

Just something I wanted to pass along. Take the advice or ignore it altogether. Chance are if you have no interest in playing clubs, then all this is is just useless information.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 1:03 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, good advice! I don't think some really understand what Dj's have to do if your not a moble guy/gal that cart their own gear around.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 2:38 am
I worked in a bar for 5 years some time ago, I agree with anewsome. Most DJ booths are very small. I had 2 cd cases (yes it was even before VTT 1.07) which I hardly could store. In most cases cables could not or hardly be reached, so getting your Maya and Y splitters installed is hard, especially if you're not the first DJ. I just bought a bunch of Y splitters, install them once and let them attached for next time. Had already some thanks from other DJs ;-)
At thim moment I do club gigs rarely, but it is always trying to find some space. In most cases I only bring laptop, Maya and external hard drive. The controller (dvinyl 2020) is hard to set on a stable and proper place.
Thats why Im happy I do mostly mobile gigs at the moment. There you could create some space (see blog).
Ewout

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 11:23 am
Yeah, I've had the same thing over the years, playing in venues booths, often on beat up equipment, with a sound system that isn't marvelous. It's hard to project who you are and the music that you play and to build the night to what you want it to be. - That's why I went all mobile with a good sound system and whatever gear I wanted. (even if some of it is beat up at least I'm was used to it)

Also, I like to get home and unloaded by around 1 or 2 am and earn reasonable money for it

I'd recommend new DJs to consider working mobile for a while, because you can get gigs reasonably easily if you go round and talk to venue operators, you can develop much quicker in front of an audience, - it gives you the edge that can only come from a little bit of pressure. etc. and you get paid.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 11:51 am
Also, on the topic of having an ambassador or a big name DJ who endorses VDJ,.. it could happen but I think this guy would seriously need to be PAID. I know a number of big name DJs (in the US at least), and they would never even consider using a DJ program that automatically does your beatmatching for you. Yeah, you can chose not to use the feature but to associate yourself with a program that is known for being "an auto DJ program", I don't think it'll fly.

People vibe on that other DJ program because the worlds biggest and best DJs use it VOLUNTARILY, without any sponsorship from the manufacturer at all. Even better, they pay their hard earned money for the privlege to do so. DJs pick up on that kind of thing and notice it.

I think teaming up with Numark can only be a good thing for VDJ though. They are famous for having big name DJs endorse their products. You always see big name DJs in the Numark booth at tradeshows and whatnot. Professional DJs know that Numark mixers can't even come close to Allen & Heath, Ecler or Rane. They know that the big name DJ they see in the Numark booth wouldn't be caught dead with Numark gear, unless it were free, but DJs on a budget and bedroom DJs don't know the difference. Hence, Numark sells a LOT of freaking mixers. Hell I tried to buy one once, but they were out of stock.

Also, I guess "BIG NAME" depends on where you're from and who you listen to because these big name DJs on this site, I've never heard of. But I live in the US and I personally like to listen to Hip-Hop music (as well as DJ it). So the names that come to mind when I think of big name DJs are names like Rob Swift, Q-Bert, DJs Faust & Shorty, Babu, DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip, Scribble, DJ AM, A-Trak, Jazzy Jeff, Cash Money, Spinbad and so on. No disrespect to DJ Get Down or the other guy on the front page with a sticky thread right now, but I never heard of either of them.

I think if you are going to have a big name DJ on board, you might want to have one with some recognition in the US or whatever country you are trying conquer. Just some random thoughts.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:22 pm
@anewsome,
The guy on the sticky thread, Pete Tong is literally one of the best Dance music DJ's in the world, he's from the UK but all the best clubs worldwide pay top dollor for him, he also has A large fan base in the States.

They even featured Pete Tongs name in A movie title "It's all gone Pete Tong", American movie, won Gold at the Toronto film festival. Actually I never heard of all the DJ's you listed :), and I'm an Urban fan too.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:37 pm
some are more known then others although we have heard of Pete Tong as well in America.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:47 pm
Bagpuss,.. I totally believe you. I just never heard of him. But are you serious when you say you've never heard of Q-Bert, Z-Trip and DJ Shadow?

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 9:13 pm
I heard of DJ shadow, not the other two hehe :). I must confess I don't really stay close to the scene, I'm not aware of which DJ's are technical Gods, I just follow the music scene it's self and focus on improving myself as A DJ.

But I can honestly say that Pete was my DJ hero when I was A young teenager :), and partly owe my DJ passion to his great sets on Radio one (UK).

I sopose I could list many Dance music DJ's, but not so many Urban DJ's although I collect music from both scenes equally, which is quite rare don't you think?, most people focus in on just one style or perhaps even more devoted/narrow? are those that dedicate their taste just to one sub genre.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 9:27 pm
Well I know that dance music DJs ARE the largest DJs in the world. Us hip-hop DJs are a pimple on the music scene compared to guys like Tiesto and Van Dyk. Those guys are pulling 5-6 digits per performance when they do the big shows. Looking at http://www.thedjlist.com/ the top 50 have no hip-hop DJs at all. I know most of the names in the top 50 but I can't say I've ever heard, or wanted to hear any of them. EDM just isn't my scene, which explains why I never heard of Pete Tongs.

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 12:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)