Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Hehehe, ok, went a lil overboard on the Mixvibes forum

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

http://mixvibes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36109#36109

I was all about mixvibes before I decided to purchase VDJ 4.0, all because in scratch magazine it said that mixvibes was the only video scratching software out there. I went nuts with research on the program, but only to have one moderator reply to me saying "Mixvibes is not really meant for video, nor does it play it very well, your better off going with a proffesional setup" Well, that really pissed me off that their own staff wouldn't show support in their own product, thus why i'm on this board :-)

Anywho, lets see how long it takes for that post to get shut down.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 12:10 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
muahaha

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 1:06 am
Darn you shmidty!

Don't you know that it's not good to be "fanatical".

I mean you don't see me constantly talking good about a particular computer manufacturer and it's OS while bashing a far more used, yet far inferior OS and it's developer do you?

(like sky said, "muahaha ") =D

But wow. To get the response from their staff that you got in regards to video scratching after that article that came out in Scratch magazine was giving them props, that's just phenomenally stupid.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 1:22 am
a forum says a 1000 words

funny that a "pro dj software "is using phhp and a free template ;)

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 1:24 am
lol yea, phpbb.

anyone here can create that forum in about, o, 5 minutes

Oh, btw

I'd give it about 3 months before that post goes onto page 2, and another 3 months before anyone replies to it, or even reads it for that matter.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 2:00 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok, so you insult all the mixvibes users – who made a PERSONAL choice by choosing the software of their preference - calling them suckers – then posting it here.
Are you hoping to get accolades for this behavior?

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:02 am
No, much more like funkternal did when he went as far as to make a video demonstration of how VDJ works, and then said to all the serato users that they are WAY far behind the 8-ball if they think serato is the be all end all of digital dj software. Just stating how much I got bamboozeled by all the quotes and promises that mixvibes is the best software out there for scratching video, and then being told otherwise by their own staff, thats all.

Besides, I would have never even been involved with mixvibes if not for that article in Scratch, or if I had researched vdj first.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:46 am
post 7000!!!

i think they said to little to late the fact that even one of their admins said their video is bad thats madness! to the extreme , oh well best leave them alone now :)

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 1:44 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
skyfxl wrote :
a forum says a 1000 words

funny that a "pro dj software "is using phhp and a free template ;)

Well, THIS webpage is made in PHP...
/me loves that scripting language... :D
...but it doesn't use a template.

But this doesn't mena anything...

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 4:21 pm
it shows care and attention went into making it , and it shows that the staff are clued up , :)

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:20 pm
dj schmidty wrote :
and then said to all the serato users that they are WAY far behind the 8-ball if they think serato is the be all end all of digital dj software..

For what it does Serato is _WAY_ ahead of VDJ..

If your thing is TCV or TCCD control and you have no use for video Serato is king of the hill.

At this point amongst available software I think VDJ is the best do-it-all type DJ software though.. So it all depends on your needs.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:08 pm
Sure, your probably right, but i'm speaking in terms of video. Besides, funkturnal said that when he used serato, and then went to vdj, and then used vdj with a delta44 pci card, that there was no comparison, and that vdj was way more respinsive..

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:24 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally I don't understand people who use TCV without any other controller, If I was to use TC I'd want to combine it with a controller so I could add loops, effects, samples, set cues, Hot cue etc. For me the Technology is about having more creative control through features, rather than emulating previous hardware for the purpose of carrying thousands of files on a laptop over carrying them, the latter obviously being a benefit, for me it just isn't a complete solution.

SSL is a revolution in convenience, where as VDJ is a revolution in creativity.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)