Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet FREE Laptop with Broadband (a good deal?)(UK Only)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Don't think of this as spam or the such, but this does sound like a deal of interest (if I'm not mistaken).

"Sign up to Orange's starter Broadband package in a PC World store for only £14.99 per month (first 3 months half price) and get a FREE laptop worth over £300 or get £300 off any in store laptop"

Read more here: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial/freelaptop/?int=home_nav

Here are the catches from what I've read:
1) 2GB Monthly download limit (probably a premium charged for going over)
2) Bound to contract for 24 months
3) Faster and less restricted connections around for the same price

Even considering the above, I still think the offer is pretty impressive, the contract ends in 24 months by which time will have only cost a total of £337.29!

Note also: If you already have a broadband connection - and you are within your contract period then you are unable to take advantage of this deal.

So what do you think?

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 4:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the free laptop is a bit crappy and doesnt support vista so they want to shift them on a slight profit

but if u just want a home machine its a good deal :)

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 4:56 pm
Yes it has to be noted that a 300 pound Laptop isn't going to take care of all your gigging needs (although as a Home machine it would run VDJ ok), but get a 500 pound laptop (obviously paying only 200) would get you a gig of ram, Vista etc perfect for Audio only mixing.

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 5:00 pm
One of the ISP's here in Edmonton is giving away a free desktop with a 3-year high-speed contract.

Telus

I think.

Seems like a common promotion.

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 11:00 pm
Perhaps, but a UK first, and as you can see by the figures, it's hardly profitable to the company, and even if it were, it's a win win situation for the consumer who desires a new laptop and uses broadband (pretty much all computer users).

Personally I pay 14.99 per month for a 1mb connection (have for about a year), so switch contract and get 2mb plus FREE laptop or spend a few hundred and get a powerful gigging machine, so I can go out and make money on a machine that I bought for a few hundred pounds, win win hehe.

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 11:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its not that expensive

as its all pc worlds old stock which they want to dump soon as possible so they can release new models :)

Posté Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 11:39 am
Yes, The FREE model will only appeal to the basic user or someone who wants it for DVD playback or basic home DJ system.

But don't forget you can choose to have 300 pounds off any in store laptop, which would be the way to go.

Posté Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 12:17 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)