Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Fancy a European Gathering? (non official event)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Right this has been suggested in the past, but nothing has materialised so I'm asking it now, now that this community is bigger and better and your all feeling good about VDJ :).

Basically, between us users I would like to organise a European gathering involving as many users as possible ( I suggest England or France for this reason), the idea would be to meet up and get to know each other personally, have a great time and make an already strong community stronger!

This is something I'm willing to put time and money into, as long as enough of you are. For example the general idea in terms of arrangements would be to either organise a big house party or hire a club/bar/function room and have a party (general "get to know each other" , drink, many of us can mix it up etc), aside from this accommodation will also have to be arranged, ideally if someone here owns a B&B or a very large House :).

Well that's the general proposal, but post away if you have suggestions..

It will probably be a weekend towards the end of the year, or perhaps even New Years eve?

So who's interested? and if so where would you be willing to travel?

Note: This has nothing to do with Virtual DJ (as a company), but their involvement would be much appreciated as this I'm sure would improve the scale of things.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im in where do i sign up =D

will aslo help where needed to organise it super idea!!

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:32 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It sounds like an European DigitalJockey party :D

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:38 pm

I'll come ;)

I think some of the Italian users are working on something like that for next summer

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:54 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Maybe not so far...

Anyway I don't know if some of us will come... :(

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
France or England, we'll take it to the vote, could someone please notify the French forum?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:03 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sounds like a good idea.

why not see if a hotel in Blackpool would host it and let us use thier sound system.. When we went last year the hotel we were in was quite quite and noone used the club downstairs?

I've not been here long but would like to get involved and meet all you experts.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:31 am
I'll be a guest DJ :P

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:48 am
infoHome userMember since 2021
Why not tie it in with the BPM show here in the UK.... It's a 2 day show aimed at DJ's (both mobile and club) and other entertainment such as karaoke, singers and bands too.........

They also have a FORUM room where you can book out time say for example for all the vitualdj forum members where you could meet at that time and have the room for an hour or so free of charge....

There is also accommodation close by and it's very close to the East Midlands airport so handy if people want to fly in for it....

The show is 10th & 11th November..... Tickets are £8 before the event and £12 on the door on the day.

Just an idea...

www.visitbpm.co.uk for more info

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:20 am
I'd be up for a meet. I'd prefer UK venue though.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:21 am
Bagpuss,

Thanks for raising this again. I think we should go for it.

A

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:57 am
But no new year!most of us have to work at this date.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:26 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jamesh wrote :
Why not tie it in with the BPM show here in the UK.... It's a 2 day show aimed at DJ's (both mobile and club) and other entertainment such as karaoke, singers and bands too.........

They also have a FORUM room where you can book out time say for example for all the vitualdj forum members where you could meet at that time and have the room for an hour or so free of charge....

There is also accommodation close by and it's very close to the East Midlands airport so handy if people want to fly in for it....

The show is 10th & 11th November..... Tickets are £8 before the event and £12 on the door on the day.

Just an idea...

www.visitbpm.co.uk for more info

Good idea East Midlands is a budget airport so should be cheap to fly into and I've never been to a DJ/Music Expo. Infact I think we have a winner with this idea. Sign me up!

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:42 am
Yeah, that event would be a great idea. If people think that one is too soon, I think we should definately make it fit round some other DJ event, there must be a fair few over europe throughout the year. Just depends how much notice people need I guess.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:23 pm
infoHome userMember since 2021
Well if there's enough interest i'll have a word with mark the organiser see if i can get us a discount on tickets etc.... for group bookings :oP

It's the first year the show has been run so should be interesting to see how it all goes... They have got some great support from some of the big names in the industry with the likes of Denon being there and a few others so should be really good.

it will be great to get as much support as possible and hey even VDJ might want to get involved... Show the rest of the UK what it can do!

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 2:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)