Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet xponent midi map - Page: 3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Yeah... i know.
But expend 250 bucks on a pro version and stay here in the forum waiting for this....i dont want that.
I waited months to buy the xponent because i want to see what the others says..

When some people confirms that Xponent works 100% (or 101% !!!) on VJ..i will do that certainly..

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:36 pm
MumpiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
FlavioPiu wrote :
Yeah... i know.
But expend 250 bucks on a pro version and stay here in the forum waiting for this....i dont want that.
I waited months to buy the xponent because i want to see what the others says..

When some people confirms that Xponent works 100% (or 101% !!!) on VJ..i will do that certainly..

I can confirm that the Xponent works correcty MIDI-wise OR at least I mapped every function I wanted and got it working for me ...

BUT

... a native support (as promised) should also bring the level-meter, LEDs, etc. to life. Unfortunately I can't do this.

Regarding the posting you did before ... I TOTALLY AGREE with this. It's a shame how the team puts information to the customers. Everybody understands that such support for a piece of hardware needs time, but not telling anybody of how or when this will come around is a real BIG SHAME !!!

If I would have known this before ... I might have thought the other way of buying this software.

SORRY FOR JUST BEING HONEST !!!

PS@FlavioPui: Buying the Pro Version wouldn't bring you anything at this stage!

PS@Team: Sorry to say this to you, VDJ-DEVELOPERS/Teamers/whatever,

YOU ARE LOOSING MONEY HERE, DON'T YOU GET IT ?!?!?!?!?!?

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 10:05 pm
Are you all fogeting that this is another company controller being adapted to vdj.Vdj is a software company we should all be thankfull for the product they have out.VDJ is not like the other componies that keep people waiting for years for something that has been out for years.Now back to the exponent controller I just pick my controller up ran home connected & yes not fully working 100% but I was very able to reasing through the midi config just the way I want it, there are some free buttons still available I will reasign those as I need them.
If blinking lights are that important to you then use the software that the controller was made for oh wait the software that it was made for people are saying it is unstable ,so if that is the case you are not willing to spend $250 for vdj but you are willing to spend $700 for the controllerthat comes with software.
As far as I'm consern I want to say thanks to vdj & everyone else working as hard as I am trying to get things just the way we like them to be.

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 5:15 am
Don't get me wrong on this, I'm also very thankful for the software these guys here build.
The thing is that they promised to have a native support for the Xponent and, this is my point, no info about this topic is being spread!
In the changelog for v5r4 native support is featured, but obviously not working. The point is, don't promise to get somthing working and then, in the end, don't do it.

Give us some info, please!

BTW: Mircosoft also only produces software, but without the hardware support you wouldn't be able to use the software.
All we are asking for is some info, nothing more, nothing less!!!

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 9:17 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it will be patched asp so dont worry

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:04 pm
Finally an info, THX !!!

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Ah - is that why VDJ doesn't seem to want to load my custom DLL either?

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:07 pm
You are right about when someone promises something they should deliver & vdj does do that better than anyone else out there.
At least vdj does not keep us waiting for years when they say asap they mean it. I'm sure the right mapper will be up soon but I'm now using the exponent & I love it as far as the items that are not working they are not that important to me but if vdj can make it work 100% I'll be even happier.The only things that are not working are the led meters, the blinking lights to the beat everything else I've midi mapped the way I want it to be.......

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:39 pm
EXACTLY, now you got my point ;)

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:49 pm
Are there settings that need to be changed for the scratching via the jogwheels to improve? For some reason, control is very limited and it sounds terrible. Scractching using Torq & Tracktor seem to be far more superior, so i know it's possible.

Specs:
Macbook Pro
2.33 Ghz Core 2 Duo
2gig of ram
xponent using latest drivers

Help anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 11:39 am

So I dont understand why the midi map is only for "pro" versions?

I just picked up a xponent controller and am DYING for this midi map.
I check here...
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=tool

and its not available for DL. Can anyone get this over to me?

most of the clubs I work at in chicago have VDJ already loaded on their systems.
Any help on this would be Kick Ace!
"Skyfxl" I know your out there.... pu..pu.. pleeeassseee ! ( haha ok i'm done)

Posté Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 7:01 am
inlineradio wrote :

I check here...

most of the clubs I work at in chicago have VDJ already loaded on their systems.

You arent gonna see it until you are a pro member
Please support VDJ by buying the Pro Version.

Posté Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 8:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
inlineradio wrote :

I check here...

all you need to do is purchase vdj you will get the map file

and native support and ever better when its out acess to the mapper letting you change the button actions

i hope to see you as a pro user soon:)

Posté Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 12:31 am
I was one of the first to start this Moan about the Xponent in September but after no reponse to my posts for weeks I gave up. I was just about to sell my Xponent and try some of the low end controllers like total control with something like XP10s, expensive setup which of many items which beats th all-in-one dream I had - but I just happended to log back and see that progress in the right direction has began. I the fact that Xponent is listed amongst the hardware controllers tells me that I need not worry, support is on our side and coming slowly.......

1. My question now is, you say support for full midi is supported in V5r4 Pro. Do you mean that the jog wheels are now fully and correctly assignable and working and you can now scratch??? (This is what I feel I am lacking - LEDS and beat flash syncronisation I can wait for)

2. As I have created my midi mapper and am totally happy with it as it is mapped to my liking and I'm pretty sure it will be different to the general one floating about for d/l - does purchasing the pro version mean that I can load my current saved mapper and just midi map the jog wheels(which I assume are now mapping correctly) as I did everything else. (what i don't want to do is to have to download the general mapper and have to work through changig it to my liking)

Thanks

If the answer is yes I'm purchasing the d/load Asap.

Posté Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 7:54 am
Using the MIDI mapper:

Yes, the jog wheels can be mapped and used for scratching. The major limitation with the MIDI mapper however is that you can use button combos (eg Shift + Button) or feedback toggles (pressing scratch button to toggle between jog/scratch and having the LED indicate which mode you are in).

Your current MIDI XML file will work in VDJ Pro without issue :)

On the subject that my mapper layout may not be what you like, I'm always open to suggestions from people. I could even look to implement several different user-selectable layouts - I just need feedback from people on what they would like to see, and how they would like to see it laid out.

Regards,

Scott

Posté Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 9:34 am
thank you, I will make a purchase over the weekend.

I totally understand what u mean about feeback toggles, however this somehting that can be implemented in the software in future with native support? hopefully VDJ will support us. If they wish to make money thay can actually add this software support for LEDs, toggle feedback etc as an extra optional D/l for £20 or something - chew on this Idea. One thing I know is that money talks and if they see an incentive if they implement this they might jump around.

thanks for the reply. I guess we will sharing ideas soon one I've purhased my copy...

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 3:30 am
No need - the native support inbuilt to VDJ already supports this, although it means you can't use your MIDI map anymore.

My mapper takes it even further - and if you send me your layout, I could potentially adapt some controls or make it a "switchable overlay" :)

Regards,

Scott

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 1:23 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)