Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet timecode not calibrating and then stops responding

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ok i am currently a trial user but i just ordered the full version online. other than the crate issues i had for my ssl crates my only other problem this far is with the time code vinyl or cd not calibrating at all but it still works and then just stops responding all together. basically i can control the files via timecode even with it at ZERO% calibration. it will work for a while then the timecode stops responding but still shows up on the control dome as working/getting a signal. if i stop it with my hand the marks on the dome stop so i know the signal is coming through but just won't respond to what i'm doing. i try turning the timecode one and off with no luck. i try to recalibrate and again no luck still 0%. if i go into the sound card settings and switch the outputs from master 1&2/slave 3&4 to master 3&4/ slave 1&2 it regains control via timecode. i have searched and found a few similar posts but nothing exactly like mine. as you can imagine having to switch this in a live performance isn't the best thing to be doing. this doesn't happen at set intervals it could be 10 minutes one time then nothing for an hour and then 20 minutes no response. i currently use ssl for audio and would like to switch over totally CUE for both video and audio but this def can't be happening in live situations. i can work around it by switching the soundcard settings but i shouldn't have to. I play at 4 clubs weekly, radio, private parties ect so i need a STABLE program to use. I think Vdj/Cue is a great program with many features not included in most other virtual dj programs but i also think there are some bugs that need working out. any ideas, suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 9:21 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Time code is limited to five minutes using the trial. The full version allows for unlimited time code use.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 9:25 am
your wrong. its fully unlimited for 20 days. if it is supposed to cut off at 5 minuites why does it goe for way longer with no problems. like i said it is differnt times before it does it. in all the other posts people assumed that the trial version cut off but again and again they where proven wrong. people with the full license have the same issues according to other posts.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 10:35 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

TearEmUp is right.. Timecode is limited using trial. The trial is to give ppl to trial out the product also it is not advisable to use it live etc.

But yes u r correct, some user do have problem with it but it is mainly to the settings and also their machine specs.

Regards;)

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 3:40 pm
It's limited.

Anyways: for your problem. The most often made error is that people think "VDJ Timecode v5" engine is better then "VDJ Timecode v4". It's not. Try v4 if you're using v5 and vice versa. They are 2 different engines which both work good in their own situations, but do not have different functions.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 4:12 am
i tried both timecode v4 and v5. when i had the older version installed it didnt have this problem but when i loaded in 5 it wouldn't calibrate. my copy will be here today so i guess once i uninstall and reinstall then i will see if the problem still persists. on a side note if its limited then why would or do they push cue as a fully functional copy for 20 days. maybe vdj and cue have dif. trial settings. not sure but again if it works for an hour then cuts out then 15 minutes then cuts out then 45 minutes then cuts out that doesn't sound like a "limitation" on the program it sounds more like an unstable product.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:04 am
My timecode has always been rock solid. :)

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 9:30 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VanStino wrote :
My timecode has always been rock solid. :)

Me too..most of the time;)

And welcome as a pro user;)

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 10:55 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)