Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ With Timecodes and Hercules RMX

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,

So Ive picked up a couple of residencies in some clubs and would like to use their CDJ 1000's instead of my RMX for Djing.

I need to purchase a timecode box thingy which connects to my laptop via USB and then the CDJ's plug into this! Can anyone suggest a good reliable one?! I have been looking at the newmark one.

Also, I notice my RMX can handle inputs, does this mean the RMX can work as the box thing instead of buying one, and just use it purely as a mixer?!

Will be grateful for any help on this!

Cheers

Daniel

Posté Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 6:53 am
Ok thanks! :D

I went to the club this afternoon to have a play with it all there are 2 issues which seem to be happening:

1. When the pitch is changed on the CDJ it takes a few seconds for this to be updated on the VDJ software
2. Looping doesnt seem to be working very well - Very sparadic

Any ideas?

Regards

Daniel

Posté Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 11:06 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

What were your settings within VirtualDJ and the timecode config,

also did you use your RMX.

Posté Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 11:21 am
Inputs: Timecode

Outputs: External Mixer

Sound Card: RMX

Timecode settings:

VDJ Default Engine
Vinyl

33RPM

Mode: Smart
Lead Time: 500
Pitch: 500

Anti Skip and Clear Sound

Signal: VDJ Timecode (V5)

Yes that was using the RMX

Regards

Daniel

Posté Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 1:00 pm
Dlearious wrote :
Inputs: Timecode

Sound Card: RMX

Next time you set up try this,

Inputs: Timecodes
Soundcard: Asio Icon <--------Uses Asio Drivers.
Soundcard(s): RMX

Might get a better response.

Posté Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 1:57 pm
Dlearious wrote :
So Ive picked up a couple of residencies in some clubs and would like to use their CDJ 1000's instead of my RMX for Djing.

If you have some residencies, i'd suggest you buy a real card instead of the Hercules toy though. There are nothing but problems with the Hercules stuff, really. Just look at how many threads there are just about that stuff...

Posté Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 4:44 am
Jimmy B, I was looking at that after I sent the message, I shall give it another go using the ASIO mode!

Van - Yeah that was my other option but decided to go with the rmx as it means i can use wither the rmx's or the CDJ's during the night, also builds in redundancy, If I were to buy an external sound card, which one would you reccommend?!

Regards

Dan

Posté Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 7:37 am
Maya-44 is a good timecode card. Audio8DJ is a higher end card.

Posté Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 9:49 am
The maya looks more in my sort of price range as its like a quarter of the price of the other lol! Will this definately work with VDJ?!

Regards

Daniel

Posté Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 9:52 am
Dlearious wrote :
The maya looks more in my sort of price range as its like a quarter of the price of the other lol! Will this definately work with VDJ?!

Yes mate it will, I use one with my TCV's.

Another good card is the Gigaport 4in/4out, it's made by ESI (the makers of the maya) but it's a slightly better card and it costs about £100-£110.

Also there is the M-audio connectiv, this is about £160, this also is a good card. It comes with the Torq software, but it can be used with VirtualDJ. I'm thinking about getting one.

Posté Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 10:14 am
Having a mess around in the club yesterday the RMX seemed to sound good with their sound system so as long as the Maya sounds atleast equal to the RMX ill be happy!

Ill see if Santa can buy me one for xmas! :D

Cheers

Dan

Posté Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 10:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)