Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet TimeCode CD issues

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

I've been having some issues with Timecode CDs. I have Pioneer CDJ100s decks and a Maya44USB (with 100% timecode quality) and the main issue I'm having relates to seemingly random behaviour on occaisions.

Firstly, when cueing tracks, I can get the two songs perfectly in time only to find within a short period of time one of them will have changed tempo. Could this be down to the quality of the CD that I've burnt? I burnt the CDs using Windows Media Player 10 and they are basic 80 minute CD-Rs.

Secondly, the cueing on the CDJs doesn't seem to quite work properly. When I have a track cue'd, (by pausing it and then pressing the cue button), it should resume when I press play. However it seems not to work all the time (in normal CD-audio mode I have no such problem).

Finally when I am seeking on tracks it seems to sometimes jump all the way to the end etc. This maybe me - I've only been playing around a little bit and it is quite hard to remember to keep resetting the track to the beginning each time you load a new song. Has anyone got any tips on using the Time code CDs? For example, to get it to work I have to reverse the stereo. I can also reverse phase - what is the difference and what generally works better? Also, what is the recommended level for silence and the inputs? I assume that even with 100% timecode quality, these values can still be adjusted.

Thanks

Posté Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 11:42 am
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anyone?

Posté Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 5:34 pm
Hopefully a TC CD user will answer you soon. It takes some users a few days to check the forum.

Posté Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 2:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)