Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Xone 4D - Soundcard Problems - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

OK I've managed to successfully map most of my Xone 4D to the way I like to work but no doubt over the coming weeks I'll change my mind about some things, so I'll wait till the new year before sharing it.
Once I'm really happy with it I'll probably go about creating a skin to go with it.

There's just a couple of issues I'm having with it, couple of functions I can't map exactly how I want...but the big one is soundcard related!

The old VDJ3.4 ASIO config would handle this no problem.
Because the sound config only makes available channels 1&2 and can be extended to 3 I can't access all the inputs and outputs which really becomes a problem with Time Code.
Channels can't be inputs and outputs at the same time.
It will probably help by explanation using this image, please excuse the tablecloth and slight mess.

At times I will use just the Xone 4D on it's own with no CDJ Time Code input which I can do using channels 1&2 although I'd really prefer 3&4.
When I work in some clubs I will have a set of CDJ's either side which I'll use for Time Code.
Because of the channels available as inputs and outputs through VDJ I cannot input Time Code without sacrificing the output of VDJ which is entirely pointless.

The old way we could route any input or output, I'd really love to see this feature back for advanced users.

I have a strong feeling I'm going to be in the minority here and therefore this will be seen as low priority.
Hopefully someone on the dev team will see why this makes sense and is important to me at least otherwise I can't really use my Xone 4d effectively. Now I only need to take my Xone and Laptop, 1 USB cable and have full control over audio and video.

Another problem: the sound is perfect on my Mac but I get a lot of popping and clicking under Win XP.

Looking forward to responses.

Ross

Posté Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 6:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Do the channels have a "Traktor Scratch" mode? My Ecler Evo 5 has this, and when enabled channels can be both output and input at the same time, perfect for Timecode use in Virtual DJ :)

Posté Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 7:31 pm
There is no software config for the soundcard, it's all hardware on the mixer. Channels are switchable between Phonon/Line/Soundcard Out or Soundcard In.

This kind of makes sense in my ideal setup
--1---------2---------3-------4--
CDJ1 | VDJ1 | VDJ2 | CDJ2

If channels 1&4 are switched to inputs for Time Code it's not an issue as I clearly won't be playing an audio CD on them.
If another DJ comes along or someone hands me a CD I can switch the channels to Line.
This also allows the flexibility for 2 VDJ decks and a whole load of samples on CD allowing up to for simultaneous sources.

It'll be perfect...if only the advanced sound config were to come back or some new incarnation of it?

Ross

Posté Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 7:17 am
Like I said, I don't see this effecting the masses or being huge interest in this topic so how will I know if this has been picked up by the Atomix team? Also if they're likely to add/restore this?

Anyone else with any ideas on sorting my sound in windows?

Ross

Posté Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 7:14 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello DJ Ross M.
Atomix team reads all our posts, so not to be worried if they don't answer to you.

Coming back to your problem, I think your mixer has seen from VDJ like an ASIO external device.
Try to install the newest driver ASIO which you can download here:
http://www.asio4all.com/

Maybe it can help you to set up the internal sound card options of your mixer.

Let me know whether I caught your issue or not.

Talking about popping, try to disable ULTRA-LACENCY ASIO and if it doesn't work, try to increase ASIO BUFFER SIZE.

Posté Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 7:13 pm
ASIO4ALL Doesn't allow any alteration to the channel assignments from Virtual DJ.

Ross

Posté Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 10:37 pm
DJ Ross M wrote :

If channels 1&4 are switched to inputs for Time Code it's not an issue as I clearly won't be playing an audio CD on them.
If another DJ comes along or someone hands me a CD I can switch the channels to Line.
This also allows the flexibility for 2 VDJ decks and a whole load of samples on CD allowing up to for simultaneous sources.

It'll be perfect...if only the advanced sound config were to come back or some new incarnation of it?

Did you try to bypass Time Code?

Install this skin
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/5884/Turntablist_variations.html

click on TC button and after pick TC bypass.

If you select "TC active" you need to run a TimeCode CD into your CDJ while if you select "TC bypass" you can run any MP3/WAVE CD into your CDJ.

If you don't like this skin, you can also enable these two options by two MIDI shortcuts "timecome_active" and "timecode_bypass" respectively.

P.S: you don't need to switch between input and line anymore.

Please, let us know the result!

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 6:13 am
I'm already aware of TC Bypass and have used this in the past.
I already have this mapped as a midi shortcut for when I get this working properly.

The problem is I cant actually use Time Code because VDJ is only giving me the options of using channels 1 & 2.
The channels cannot be an input and output at the same time.

I'll try break this down.
Virtual DJ sends:
Left Deck to Channel 1
Right Deck to channel 2
it offers no flexibility to change this if I want to use either Channel 3 or 4!
VDJ will only accept inputs from Channel 1 or 2. If I do this and bring the fader up you hear the Time Code.
The mixer channels are physically switchable between being an input or an output, this cannot be changed.

Does that make sense now?

Ross

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 8:34 pm
Yes, I understand.
At the moment you can't use channels 3 and 4 of your sound card for timecode.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 4:38 am
From what I can see, changing the channels should still be possible with some manual tweaking. Try contacting someone from the support team, and they might be able to assist.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 6:24 am
When you are gonna know how fixing it, please tell us about it.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 9:19 am
I posted a ticket for support, it's been a few days now and no response :(

Ross

Posté Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 1:04 pm
I want to try bring this back to attention as I've had this mixer for nearly a year and not been able to use it the way I intended.

It transpires they can be an input and output at the same time.

However in order to get everything working the way I'd like, I still need some help.

I work with another DJ who uses CD.
We would love to have it setup as
Channel 1 - CDJ 1
Channel 2 - VDJ A
Channel 3 - VDJ B
Channel 4 - CDJ 2

This way I can switch between routing Timecode signal back to VDJ or switch to CDJ directly.

The only thing stopping me from doing this is the limitation of the sound config in VDJ which is a bit of an annoyance as you could previously have done this.

A registry hack was suggested but this is a pain when changing hardware and I also work on MAC now although still use PC occasionally.
It's not practical.

Is there any chance that an Advanced ASIO Config Panel could be implemented again
Allowing users to pick specific input and output channels from any ASIO advice.

Please VDJ, let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

Ross

Posté Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 7:36 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just wondering... I have been looking at both the Xone:3D (for the more reasonable price) and the Xone:4D (for the extra bells and whistles)

Because the 3D's soundcard setup is done in software on the computer, does this problem even affect the 3D?
I do like the extra MIDI channels of the 4D, it's UV paint, and some of its other improvements, and I thought that I liked the idea that all of the soundcard config was done in the hardware, but if that really limits the Xone:4D's flexibility, then maybe that is another reason the lean towards the 3D.

Either way, I don't mean to hijack your post, and I hope everything works out for you.

Posté Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 7:40 am
My honest answer to that right now would be...

The possibilities of the 4D are far greater than the current abilities of Virtual DJ.
I have alot of 4D sitting around waiting to get used.

Ross

Posté Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 1:36 pm
Really? The only bit of the 4D that I would have thought didn't work was the soundcard routing in the GUI as you say. All the MIDI controls should function perfectly if you configure them.

I might have something useful for you soon however :)

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 4:45 am
The MIDI aspect is pretty much fine for everything although I wish I could save different MIDI mappings easily and select which one I want to use by drop down.
The only one that I haven't got exactly the way I want is loop adjustment but that's probably me missing something.
I want a much more fine loop adjustment and movement.

The real problem is with the sound routing. It's a REAL PROBLEM!
What might you have Scott? And how soon might you have it?
Gigging tonight and just can't wait till it's the pain free experience I'm looking forward to.

Ross

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 10:31 am
Must be something you're doing then, because the loop adjustment can be very fine. What VDJScript are you using?

I've written a profile tool that allows you to save different configurations and then switch between them at launch. A very simple app, but very useful IMHO.

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 10:59 am
Massively useful for people that work on different configurations regularly, like myself.
I've been asking for a feature like this for ages.

Will this toll be able to address any channel on a soundcard as an input or ouput?
I'm going to assume it's for Windows, what about OSX? When do you think your utility will be ready?

I haven't re-written my mapper as VDJscript yet because there is no load function for the MIDI mapper yet.
Don't get me wrong, there have been a lot of great improvements in the last couple of releases of VDJ but also a couple of oversights or sadly missed removals.

Ross

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 12:56 pm
If you're using a MIDI device in v6, you must be using VDJScript in some capacity...?

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 5:48 am
91%