Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet new to pc djing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i'm installing a touchscreen as a control surfice in my rack but the standard skins in my cue 4.1 is'nt exactly what i'd like to turn a new page in my biz with. i like a few of the skins posted but cant seem to get them. something about unliscensed? how do i get licensed? and do i have to use 4.1 version skins? thanks so much in advance for any help.

Posté Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 9:27 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
redthomas wrote :
something about unliscensed? how do i get licensed?

To be able to download the Skins and Plugins from this site, you will need a Legit, licensed copy of VirtualDJ, brought, and download from this site, or a license copy of Numark Cue or Numark Virtual Vinyl.

Once you have registered the copy of the software on the site, then you will be allowed to download all the goodies.

Posté Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 10:00 pm
ok thats fair.but do all the skins work for all the versions? or do they have to be matched. like i'm useing cue 4.1 could i use the cdj1000 skin for 4.0

Posté Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 10:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
redthomas wrote :
ok thats fair.but do all the skins work for all the versions? or do they have to be matched. like i'm useing cue 4.1 could i use the cdj1000 skin for 4.0

Yes, the difference between 4.1 and 4.0 were minimal.....

Posté Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 11:14 pm
thanks guys

Posté Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 12:19 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
redthomas wrote :
thanks guys

Now that we helped you I hope to see you as a licensed Pro user soon.... ;-)

Posté Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 2:26 pm
i'm tring. i have a new family and times are'nt very good right now buisiness wise. i've been a cd dj for 8 years so in between x-mas and keeping food in my kids mouths ,350 bucks is a substantial amount out of pocket. but i'm working on it. as for touch screen djing. what is a comfortable screen size to use as a main control surface? i can get 15' screens easy and cheap but is a 17 or 19 that big of a upgrade, in terms of ease of use?

Posté Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 8:48 pm
i hope this isnot an atempt to fool the good guys that are tryng to help you...u shoud get the 17"

Posté Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 12:35 pm
no. no fooling around here. i've been slow this year. so i'm looking to put on a new face. i'm getting closer to 31 and my cd's are getting heavier. and it's just time for a change. i know a good deal about everything else buut when it comes to thouchscreen djing, it's a unheard of method around here. i've also been looking into multitouch software's. is this something worth looking into or should i spend more time just getting started first"?

Posté Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 1:25 pm
i sugest that u get a nice one 120 gig hard disk put all yor cd on that sucker than you go out and buy your self a multi touch screen and god knows how u instal the VDJ on it..and then u start do your thing...at least evrithing in america is chepa heaar in ccroatia i cant even buy the damn program whithout a bil of over 300 dolars

Posté Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 8:02 pm
I use a 17 inch monitor and its fine, some of the skins are too small but I managed to find one that works for me, at this time u need a midi crossfader as I find it hard as u can only do 1 thing at a time on the screen as there is only 1 mouse pointer.

Posté Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 8:30 pm
and how do you slow down the turn tbale obiusly the touch screen react instantlinot on tension like the standar u know the harder u press the siide of the turntable the slower it goes..oo u got a controler right?i yeah the touchscreen is a good idea i had it for a while...oh and yestrday i saw a VDJ aplication instaled on a i phone i LMAO.

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 4:51 am
discobrian. is there a diff in a multi touch screen?. i was under the assumption that multitouch was in the softare. i have been reading. but i have.nt looked into a midi crossfader. how's that work. i do'nt really see a problem with single touch doing beatmatching and mixing whith a external mixer. but being as how i have'nt bought a screen yet, i'd like to have all my facts together first.

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 9:13 am
also guys. after looking at propc. is there a vdj skin with a onscreen keyboard. if so which one. i'd like to see what it looks like. thanks

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 9:39 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes there is a difference in a multitouch screen. It isn't the same engineering.

And there are no VDJ skins with onscreen keyboard, this isn't possible.

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 12:17 pm
but i looked at discobrians and he's using a key board type function on his. it's in his profile.

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 6:55 pm
JeremK wrote :
Yes there is a difference in a multitouch screen. It isn't the same engineering.

And there are no VDJ skins with onscreen keyboard, this isn't possible.

You are correct, but there is software that you can create an onscreen keyboard with, as I did it and dont need a normal keyoard, look at my homepage.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:08 am
Also I hear that Multi touch will be supported in the new Windows 7.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:09 am
brian. whitch keyboard program did you get for your vdj. i found a couple. only one worked, but it is a full keyboard and takes too much room. your looks alot better

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 7:36 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)