Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Problem with Timecode CDs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I ran a search to see if I found an answer to my problem, I think I did, but I would just like to make sure.

I own Serato SL-1, and I would like to use VDJ, to mix videos. I have a Dell XPS, 4GB Ram, 2.0Ghz, 128MB NVIDIA Graphics card, running Vista 64-Bit. I have the 64-Bit drivers for my SL-1 installed.

I downloaded the timecode files, and burned them on CDs. I downloaded VDJ 5.2, Demo Version.

Everything works well, but the Timecode CDs frequently lose signal, and the video feed then freezes, and the sound is just a high-pitch noise. After about 20 to 30 seconds, and the amount of time varies as well, this malfunction goes away, and the timecode signal is back at 100%.

I read in one of the discussions here, that something similar was happening to another VDJ user because he didn't have the full version. Can the same thing be happening to me? Or could it be something in my settings that I'd need to change?

I would like to make sure, though, that this software is fully compatible with my SL-1 before I make the investment.

Any input on this will be greatly appreciated, as I'm seriously looking to buy VDJ.

Posté Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 3:46 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't own the SL-1 box but I did borrow it from a friend because I wanted to give Serato a try in the environment I would be using it in. While I had it I put VDJ thru its paces and did not have any issues with the time code cds. My OS was not Vista though, it was XP.

It ran so smoothly that I have convinced my club to get the SL1 box just so it makes things easier when bringing in guest djs who use Serato. Our main platform is VDJ though.

Posté Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 8:49 pm
I don't own the SL-1 box but I did borrow it from a friend because I wanted to give Serato a try in the environment I would be using it in. While I had it I put VDJ thru its paces and did not have any issues with the time code cds. My OS was not Vista though, it was XP.

It ran so smoothly that I have convinced my club to get the SL1 box just so it makes things easier when bringing in guest djs who use Serato. Our main platform is VDJ though.

Thanks JayMSY, yeah that's what I have heard, and this is why I'd like to give VDJ a try, since it will serve my purposes.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 1:26 pm
i am an SSL user and run Cue Pro and a Total control for Video mixing using a cdj800 with the PRO version timecode. make sure you grab the higher quality one from the download section. also when you set up Cue/VDJ check your timecode signal and auto configure. it should light green when working right. other than that make sure you have the sl-1 and timecode selected in your config window.

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 8:31 am
oso1313Home userMember since 2008
How do i make a cd of my mixes ?

Posté Sat 27 Dec 08 @ 12:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)