Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Xponent Jog Wheels Scratch issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am thinking about getting an Xponent this week, I am wondering if others are having issues with jog wheel pressure sensitivity. I have a friend of that bought one a month ago; I have used it with my system and VDJ a few times. When scratching it intermittently goes from scratch mode to pitch bend mode. Especially the right jog wheel, it seems to work correctly about 30% of the time. The 1st Xponent I tested out was one at Guitar Center using Torq, I only spent about 5 minutes with it but it had the same issue. I thought it might have just been abused demo unit, but my friend’s Xponent does the same thing. I saw a post about wetting your fingers, which seems to work, but only for a few seconds. Another post said to stay away from neon lights. I also saw a post on the Torq forum about this issue, someone said to reset the midi settings for the Xponent. I don’t have the Torq software CD on me. I would think this would be only Torq specific, but does this reset the controller? Does it help at all? Im assuming the jog wheel is temperature sensitive, since the platter doesn’t push down like a CDJ. I was also wondering if it doesn’t just like my hands. I also tried the SBDJ mapper, but that just sets the jog wheel to scratch mode all the time(on my XP system). If I just get near the jog wheel, the music stops.

-David(DJ Kavika)

My specs:
Dell XPS m1330 Nvidia 8400
Windows Vista x64bit
VDJ 5.2.1
Hercules MKII and RMX
Pioneer CDJ-800s

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 11:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
yk23 wrote :
I also tried the SBDJ mapper, but that just sets the jog wheel to scratch mode all the time(on my XP system). If I just get near the jog wheel, the music stops.

Eh? With my mapper:

* Bend mode: Wheel bends regardless of where and how you touch it, no scratch or hold functionality
* Scratch mode: Wheel bends on the outside, touching the platter stops the music, moving your hand whilst on the top will scratch.

Anyway, it will sound silly, but try making your fingers a bit damp (run them under the tap, moisture from a pint glass, lick them etc...) and you'll find the scratch platter works better...

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 10:10 pm
It may just be that his Xponent is more temperamental then the norm. Would you say that it works, let’s say most of the time instead of my 20%? Also, does “your mapper” work with Vista 32 or 64 bit. I can only get it to work with XP. I did install the Visual C++ runtime, all I see is a blank window when I click on the mapper in VDJ.

-David

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 9:48 am
If you don't see the config window when you click on the mapper, then my mapper isn't loaded. This means you have either installed the wrong VC++ runtime, or they haven't installed correctly.

Which version mapper have you tried, and which VC++ runtime did you install?

My mapper is compatible with XP and Vista. 32-bit/64-bit shouldn't make any difference.

I don't use my Xponent any more, but never really had any problems aside from the early ASIO driver bugs. I didn't really use it for scratching so couldn't comment there I'm afraid.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 7:33 pm

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 9:05 am
Which version of the mapper were you testing though?

I'll have to test the mapper under 64-bit windows.

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 2:06 pm
The one on the plugin downloads page. Just downloaded it on Saturday. Also, is there a setting to change the touch sensitivty.
On another note, my friend took back his Xponent because his had a faulty left output channel. I'm going to see if the jogs feel any better and also test it with Torq(yuck). If it works a little better I will pick one up this weekend.
-David

Posté Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 8:43 am
The touch sensitivity is not adjustable.

Posté Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 10:19 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)