Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VOLUME OUTPUT SETTINGS ON LAPTOPS

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I DJ off of my Lenovo T61 using Windows XP. I use a Gigaport HD pluged into the Lenovo via USB 2.0 (directly, not via a USB hub). From the Gigaport HD each of the VDJ players are plugged into a stereo channel of a typical rack mounted DJ mixer. Out from the mixer I go into my 2 Mackie 450's. Nothing untypical here I'm sure.

Recently while playing at a gig I accidently hit a key toke combination that increased the volume of the output of the computer. This also increased the overall volume output of the system. I noticed the computers volume had gone up from 10 where for some reason the computers volume was set.

Question 1 Is it normal to be able to adjust the volume output of your whole system, while using Gigaport HD, via increasing the computers volume control?

Question 2 Assuming this is normal, at what volume output level should a laptop be set? At what volume output level is your laptop set?

Question 3 I had been having a mysterious issue of the volume output level of my 2 microphones being way too high and thus getting distortion & feedback at all but the very lowest setting on their respective mic channel volume settings. Interesting given that the mics are pluged in directly to the mixer, not through the Gigaport. I\'m wondering if the volume output of the computer was set so low that i ended up compensating to get the enough volume from the VDJ players by setting the master on the mixer to a point tha it would cause the mic output volumes to be too high at all but the lowest settings. Interesting. Thoughts anyone? THANX & Happy Holidays All!
Best, DJSTEVEZ

Posté Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 7:05 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i normally have my lappy volume set around about the 80 mark, then set all levels from there across the system.

Posté Wed 24 Dec 08 @ 5:35 am
80 as in 80 out of 100, 80% ? Kewl, I'll try it. Thanx! -Z-

Posté Wed 24 Dec 08 @ 1:48 pm
I run mine at 100%

Posté Wed 24 Dec 08 @ 2:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)