Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Garbled sound

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I had this problem about 9 gigs ago and figured it was the building I was in because it was over 150 years old and had been rewired numerous times. BUT, it now happened NY Eve in a new place.

I hooked up the system and did a test run for about 15 minutes with no problems.

I came back to do the gig. The very first song was garbled coming out the speakers. I unplugged and replugged everything. It did not change anything. Anywhere from 1 minute to 3 minutes the song would get garbled. We shut the system down and switched where I got my electric from. I plugged into a line that had nothing else but a cooler on it. This still did the same.

I eliminated everything from my system except the laptop, mixer, amp and speakers. It still did it. I tried ground eliminators on everything from one to all and that didn't help.

Now, one thing I noticed all awhile doing these things was if I unplugged the audio input that goes into my mixer and replugged it cleared it up for another minute to 3 minutes. Another thing I noticed was that if the music audio output was garbled and we used the mic, the mic was clear. So it makes me think it could be in the mixer BUT, why not since the last time I had the problem? I also came home and hooked the system up and it worked fine all night, morning and day.

So, to make a long story short...... I took the system to the repair shop to have tested in the meanwhile. The shop also reminded me that computers hooked into the mixer could have some loop problems whereas the mic won't. They thought even a polarity problem?

Does anybody have any suggestions, did it ever happen to you?

Thanks, mike

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 11:40 am
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've had sort of similar problems before when my desktop computer would start freezing, but annoying only when gigging (it would NEVER miss a beat at home).

I tracked the problem down to a lack of power, and as a precaution I always carry an extra 25m extension cord and plug the computer into a completely separate power outlet!

Perhaps try and plug the computer and amp into separate outlets as far away from each other as possible.

It's hard to determine whether the muffling of the audio is due to the computer or amplifier!

What audio connectors are you using?

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 9:07 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I run out of the laptop to rca's into my mixer then out 1/4 inch into my amp.

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 12:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)