Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet new problem with video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok I'll try to explain as best I can here.... Been running video for some time now, no major issues. Updated to the newest version of VDJ last week, took it out for my new year's eve gig on Wednesday, ran it all night with no trouble. Took it out last night to a new club, and could not get it to run video without crashing every couple of minutes. I think the problem may lie in vista, as a 'display options' window kept popping up, but it may also be a setting in VdJ, as the screen would click on and off every couple of seconds, and looked like it was resetting the resolution while doing so. I could never click on anything once this cycle started, because the screen would always reset before I could get the mouse pointer to where I wanted it to go. I must have cold rebooted half a dozen times before pulling the VGA cable out of the back of the machine (this seemed to stop the error messages) and just running audio for the rest of the evening. Please help me...I've got the same gig next week and I need to have video running!

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 5:05 pm
Don't know if this will help but try and see if you are able to move the skin around the screen. You may be running in Maximized mode (skin screen). I had issues when I accidentally clicked on the Maximize button.

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 8:07 pm
I couldn't click on anything once the problem started.....the screen was resetting every second or two. My only resolution was to hold down the power button on the laptop until it shut down.

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 8:44 pm
Before the problem starts again, check to be sure that VDJ isnt ran in Maximized mode. What resolution is your monitor?? What resolution is your skin??

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 9:03 pm
sounds like a video card issues or something in your display settings. could also nbe a bad vga or video cable. whenever your screen flickers and seems to reset the display resolution it has to do with your video card. mine will do this when i plug a tv or something into my video output. it automatically matches the resolution for the tv/monitor then i have to go into display properties and adjust main screen back to normal resolution and then im good for the rest of the gig.

Posté Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:26 am
this sounds like a strong possibility....after much frustration I pulled the vga cable out of the laptop and tried just running audio, and what do you know it ran the rest of the night without problems. My question is this...when I go into the club this saturday, and hook up their vga cable to my laptop, how do I know what resolution to change my screen to, and how do I go about doing it?

Posté Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 10:33 am
Once you are set at your resolutions you dont change them. Ie. 1280X800 on the screen and 720X480 on the output. Make SURE your skin matches your desktop resolution.

Posté Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 2:58 pm
800 x 600 is usually perfect for most tv output. unless your videos are more than that. most high quality my4's are no more than that. i run mine at 800 x 600 with great results on svideo out to projectors and tvs.

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 8:45 am
I get that, but clearly there is some discrepancy between what I had my settings at and the resolution of the projector that I'm running to at the club....I've been running video at different locations without a problem for months, then all of a sudden this happens. What I need to know is once I get there and hook up to their projector, how do I know what settings I need to be at?

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 11:10 am
running a straight vga line to a projector

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 11:11 am
You don't worry about your settings, you leave them alone.

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 10:27 pm
you can always use the resize plugin to rezie your output window. i use it a lot at certain venues with no ill effects on performance.

Posté Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 6:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)