Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Are they that DIFFERENT

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok, so i finally got my herc rmx and vdj djc edition, i started out using the demo/trial version of the pro liked it alot started getting used to the buttons and set up..got my equipment and it set up and installed great no real complications..auto set up my sound card and everything..
Problem came when i got ready to start using somethings i was used to on pro like ;

multiple cues:
pro- you have have ability to set multiple cues and when using a loop you can hit the cue you want and go strait into a song
djc- you can only set 1 cue and if you loop a portion and hit the cue button..it sets that point as the cue and keeps going from that point,,did i miss something

Monitored folders,
pro-i was able to set up monitored folders from my other song folders not listed under my music folder which is the automatic folder
djc- no option to even add a folder other than non monitored what ever that is.. what i can do tho is create a folder under my music folder and copy songs to that so they will all at least be in 1 folder. again are they that different

skins
I Just dont know how to change them if i even can

Button configuraton
Does the djc le not have the ability to do keyboard mapping and button config

Am i able to practice w/o my controller being connected since it was a package deal

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 8:20 am
Hi mate,
sorry maybe im mising something here but can i just ask ye a quick question. the cd you got with the rmx is that not only a 20 day trial version because that all i got and it expires after 20 days.
I was under the impression when i was getting mine that you get the djc edition with it for free.

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 9:48 am
i replied under your post...im still waiting on an answer to my post...i have a tt and nothing there either.

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 10:01 am
Thanks man.
I would really love to help on your question but i dont have the other version so sorry.
But can you tell me was it the serial on the back of the envelope that you enterd in.

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 10:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As you can see, the version supplied is a limited version. The extra features are availble in the Pro version.

Since you seem to have worked this out, I'm not sure what you're asking? The features that are available will work in the same way as the Pro version. Obviously you can't change controllers, skins and the like.

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 11:22 am
yes it was....

was that response to me? as i havent gotten my fix yet..but by the likes of minimal response im assuming that i hve no choice but to up to the pro..which is better any ways but i wasnt expecting to buy a controller and just have very minimal functions.

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 1:35 pm
As you can see, the version supplied is a limited version. The extra features are availble in the Pro version.

Since you seem to have worked this out, I'm not sure what you're asking? The features that are available will work in the same way as the Pro version. Obviously you can't change controllers, skins and the like.

was that to me??

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 1:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It was to you... what fix?

Basically the DJC Console Edition is a limited version (http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html).

By upgrading to Professional, you get all the features you had in the trial of Professional.

The Limited Edition (as it says next to your name) doesn't have all the features of Professional, it's designed for use with the console. Otherwise why sell the Professional version?

I don't have the DJC version but:

Quote :
multiple cues:
pro- you have have ability to set multiple cues and when using a loop you can hit the cue you want and go strait into a song
djc- you can only set 1 cue and if you loop a portion and hit the cue button..it sets that point as the cue and keeps going from that point,,did i miss something

I'm guessing that's the way DJC version has been set up.

Quote :
Monitored folders,
pro-i was able to set up monitored folders from my other song folders not listed under my music folder which is the automatic folder
djc- no option to even add a folder other than non monitored what ever that is.. what i can do tho is create a folder under my music folder and copy songs to that so they will all at least be in 1 folder. again are they that different

I don't know what versions DJC allows you; I thought it would have been all three. The options available are:

Favorite (monitored) - a folder that exists on the system
Filter (automatic) - music is automatically visible in this folder if it satisfies the requirements you define
Virtual (unmonitored) - a folder that doesn't exist on the system, and you copy music into manually

Quote :
skins

Definately a limitation of the version you have this one.

Quote :
Button configuraton

Again, definately a limitation of the version you have this one.

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 2:59 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mistah_p wrote :
Ok, so i finally got my herc rmx and vdj djc edition, i started out using the demo/trial version of the pro liked it alot started getting used to the buttons and set up..got my equipment and it set up and installed great no real complications..auto set up my sound card and everything..
Problem came when i got ready to start using somethings i was used to on pro like ;

multiple cues:

Monitored folders,

skins

Button configuraton

Am i able to practice w/o my controller being connected since it was a package deal

Hi mistah p,

To summarize all, the VDJ LE that u get with the rmx is a gift from VDJ for u to get started with the console that u purchased. U bought the hardware and not the software. Hence that why it is been limited in the features and the only way to get all of the features in VDJ is simply by upgrading to VDJ pro which u can with a special discount as u own the rmx;)

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html

Also u can't practice w/o the rmx connected when using the LE version. But with VDJ pro u can;)

Hope to see u as a pro user soon.

Regards;)

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 3:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)