Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Getting my karaoke text on the monitor

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi I am new to this Virtual DJ. My husband runs a karaoke show and we want to be able to use our laptop to run the karaoke from. How do i get the text to come up on the monitor for the singers? When you start VDJ it shows the whole thing and not just the text. Whole thing being the two record players and such.
Can anyone please tell me what I have to do to get it right?
Thanks in Advance
LYNN

Posté Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 8:04 am
Go to your Windows control panel and look at your Display settings. Make sure you have checked "Extend desktop" to the second monitor. It sounds like you are duplicating your desktop instead. Also, tell VDJ in config to use that for the video display by going to the video tab and selecting your video card instead of "window."

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 3:19 pm
Hi There,
I am also new to VJD and have the same problem.
When I look at the video settings, I can only see "window" in the drop down list
Is there somewhere else I need to tell VJD about the video card?

Thanks
Nat

Posté Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 10:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're extended your desktop it will show.

If you are using the trial, it's limited to window only.

Posté Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 11:45 am
No, I have the full version, But it is still mirroring the desktop instead of showing the video window on the other monitor.
Anybody any other suggestions??
Could it be the video card on my laptop is not compatible?
Thanks
Nat

Posté Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 5:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In which case you haven't followed the advice of extending your desktop display to the screen you need to use.

Posté Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 5:21 pm
mcdocPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You have to fix the properties of your laptop to extend to monitor and you ALSO have to go into the Video properties of Virtual DJ and check the box to Activate the TV :)

Posté Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 9:51 pm
Click The Second Moniter Showing In Your Display Control Panel... (IN WINDOWS) Then select extend my desktop onto this screen.

And follow instructions once again above.. These guys are setting you in the right direction

This should fix it.

If you have the full version I would suggest to register it (the serial) for all the benefits VDJ provides.

Posté Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 12:03 am
Hi,
I have the words for karaoke on the monitor, but when i minimize VDJ, to perform another task, the monitor along wth the laptop screen flash black, then the pic on my desktop flashes, then goes back to the karaoke screen. Am I missing some windows settings? I believe I have the VDJ performance and video settings correct. I can only think my computer settings may be wrong.
thank you

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 5:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)