Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Re-Tagging MP3g

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi Guys me again!!!!

I spent hours retagging some of my mp3g files over the weekend, then when I transferred them over to my hard drive that I use out on gigs all the tags had gone again and I was left with a load of unusable tag names. I have been changing the info in vdj as I can't seem too find a tag editor mp3g for mac. its getting a little frustrating now. Any help would be Great

Thanks

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 4:33 am
As an extra

Guys when are you going to release the karaoke rotation plugin for mac!!!!!!!!!!

Getting a little desperate for it now as it will take my show to the next level.......

Also is there a plugin for mac that allows rolling text on the screen, started playing music vids out and want to be able to show track name etc... and also scroll drinks offers and give birthday shouts on screen.

Thanks

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 4:36 am
Changing the tags within VDJ only writes the info to your VDJ database so you need to transfer your VDJ database file to your external HD as well. I believe it's the "VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml" file which is located in your VDJ folder. You might have to transfer a couple of other files from your library too but I'm not sure so you may have to search the forum a bit to find out. A couple of words of advice though. It's better to alter your ID3 tags using another program (like iTunes) and let VDJ read the info from the tags, that way if you ever lose your VDJ database files the tag info will still be embedded within the mp3s themselves. Also, you could have saved yourself a lot of time if you had just done a couple of mp3s and then tested them on the external HD to see if the tag info worked or not, rather than do a whole bunch only to find out they didn't save the info.

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 7:59 am
with some tracks (don't ask me why) the ID3 tags don't show up in VDJ.
In iTunes it's al fill in and in VDJ you see sometimes nothing for that song

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 2:30 pm
microtje wrote :
with some tracks (don't ask me why) the ID3 tags don't show up in VDJ.
In iTunes it's al fill in and in VDJ you see sometimes nothing for that song

Some of those tracks might be in a different format, like aiff, wav, or mp4. I've also had to manually edit quite a few songs in VDJ. What I do is convert all those tracks to mp3, in iTunes. But then, you will have to delete the other file from the VDJ search database. You may see some duplicates, or get a message that "file doesn't exist".

Posté Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 8:30 pm
reasteHome userMember since 2009
What tag version does vdj read?

Posté Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 5:25 pm
pmyskoPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posté Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 7:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)