Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet ALL POSSIBLE MIDI COMANDS ! - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

SBDJ wrote :

It's this kind of attitude that makes you come across as rude.

Let me get something straight for you:

* You own VDJ
* You bought a controller that is not supported by VDJ
* You did no research on using it in VDJ prior to purchasing
* You then start complaining on the forum about how VDJ doesn't support your controller

That sequence of events unfortunately looks like it's down to you, not the team. Yes it's a shame that VDJ doesn't currently support the VCI-300 natively, but you should have already known that before purchasing and maybe should have thought "I'll hold off until it's actually working". It's not like the VCI-300 is exactly the be-all and end-all of controllers either!

If other software is "better" for you, then you should already be using that. I know I would be, and if the other software is that much better I wouldn't be hanging around the VDJ forums complaining.

Have no doubt, VDJ development has not stalled, a new version will be coming in the future. They don't generally just release updates because someone has launched a new controller - that happens every week at the moment!!

If you think the VDJ development cycle is poor, go have a look at Torq, specifically the length of time it's taken 1.5 to come out and the subsequent backlash about the quality of that release.

1. I bought vci-300 3 months ago.Until then i was using vci-100 and hercules
which they had support .I guess that vci-300 would have also ... and something
else... did you know that when i asked vestax about vci-300 "will there be support
about this console to all the software that exist ?" they said "of course dont worry".
Is this telling you something ??? Or am i stupid ??? Sorry.

2. I didnt say that vci-300 is the best controller of all. But comparing to vci-100 and hercules
i think its better. Its never bad to update your equipment.Specially when you are a dj
and do that for a living. I work so many hours in many clubs.My time is so stretched to
make a good search - so i trusted vestax who told me its ok and it will be supported
by any dj-software.

3. I didnt said that the developement cycle is poor. But its almost 6 months that ATOMIX
havent released a newer version. Hopefully and waiting to see something new.

Again sorry for my attitude if you think it was so rude as you say.

Practice and enjoy...

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 1:47 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
1. You guessed. Big mistake. As for asking Vestax, how would Vestax know? Perhaps you should be complaining to them instead.

2. I'm aware of this, but as I said, your comeback should be on Vestax. Atomix didn't tell you it work perfectly. Perhaps you should have asked Atomix too?

3. The last VDJ release was v5.2.1, on 4th September 2008. Not quite 6 months, in fact not much over 4 months - especially when you take the holiday season into configuration. What if the next release is going to be a big one and requires more work? You would complain if they rushed it out and it didn't work. As I said, go look at the Torq 1.5 release if you don't believe me - it was delayed massively, and a big flop when it hit.

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 3:06 pm
SBDJ wrote :
1. You guessed. Big mistake. As for asking Vestax, how would Vestax know? Perhaps you should be complaining to them instead.

2. I'm aware of this, but as I said, your comeback should be on Vestax. Atomix didn't tell you it work perfectly. Perhaps you should have asked Atomix too?

3. The last VDJ release was v5.2.1, on 4th September 2008. Not quite 6 months, in fact not much over 4 months - especially when you take the holiday season into configuration. What if the next release is going to be a big one and requires more work? You would complain if they rushed it out and it didn't work. As I said, go look at the Torq 1.5 release if you don't believe me - it was delayed massively, and a big flop when it hit.

1. What do you mean guessed ??? whats my mistake ? Thats what vestax told me... i dont know... you ask them :)

2. You sure are aware of this but as you see here thats what i am asking ... i am asking atomix.. and of course they pissed off ...
so i think there is no luck.. with newer consoles... not just mine.

3. I cant guess how much work it takes ...but i see other companies have cleverer technicians and programmers ...who
make their software work better with native controllers :) I cant work with TORQ since it requires a specific console
when it starts loading... so what should i look and test ??? nothing....

I and all of the rest of the followers of VIRTUALDJ ,are waiting for something new ... i guess.

Cheers

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 3:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
1. You asked Vestax, so complain to Vestax that they lied to you. Don't complain to Atomix that they have messed up, because they didn't promise you anything.

2. As per 1. The VCI-300 is relatively new anyway.

3. I can't see any other software that allows the mapping capabilities of controllers, especially with natively supported controllers. The level of support i have implemented for the Xponent for example wouldn't be possible with any other software I can think of.

My point was look at the timescales between releases, and the issues on their forum. You'll see what happens when you rush things.

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 3:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Vestax does not control when controllers are supported by software. However, their answer was accurate in 'of course don't worry' in the sense they didn't tell you when or by who.

Now I am putting this thread to rest ... when the next version of VirtualDJ releases you will know if or if not the VCI-300 is supported natively.

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 4:34 pm
SBDJ wrote :
1. You asked Vestax, so complain to Vestax that they lied to you. Don't complain to Atomix that they have messed up, because they didn't promise you anything.

3. I can't see any other software that allows the mapping capabilities of controllers, especially with natively supported controllers. The level of support i have implemented for the Xponent for example wouldn't be possible with any other software I can think of.

My point was look at the timescales between releases, and the issues on their forum. You'll see what happens when you rush things.

First you are telling me to ask ATOMIX and now you are telling me to complain to VESTAX ??? LOL !

Ok whatever you say chief...

You havent seen any other software with mapping cababilities... thats true.. just try to see some and you
will find out that they really do a good job. For e.g PCDJ and TRAKTOR.

Still you dont understand what was a looking for ... all i wanted was a straigjht answer about the
support about newer native controllers from the side of ATOMIX. I got my answers... I will sleep
well this night hoping ...something will come... in the future.

Cheers

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 6:47 pm
cstoll wrote :
Vestax does not control when controllers are supported by software. However, their answer was accurate in 'of course don't worry' in the sense they didn't tell you when or by who.

Now I am putting this thread to rest ... when the next version of VirtualDJ releases you will know if or if not the VCI-300 is supported natively.

I guess thats true Mr Cstoll about VESTAX .I agree with you.

Ok put this thread to got to bed ...and lets see what happens in the future (near or far) .

I only hoping for much better results. You know of course that better than me.

And again ... sorry if u really thing i was rude - goodnight.

And thank u so much for your quick replies and straight answers.

My best regards

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 6:49 pm
Dear Atomix, its either up to you or either to Vestax to make something about native support issue.

I mean, either Atomix makes a newer version ... when its ready of course, that
will support newer controllers that need native support OR either Vestax must
create a .DLL file about vci-300 ,so it can be used from within Virtual Dj.

Thats my opinion :)

Regards to all people... i am happy this forum is moving
so fast.

Practice makes better...

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 3:05 am
wow people are lazy. how about this. you open up your config window and map it yourself? if your a dj making a living of it shouldn't take you too long to map your midi device. i mapped out a full ddm4000 in under 30 minutes. it auto learns. you select the feature then hit the button. doesn't take much to do just some time and forethought as what you want mapped where. do what i did if you don't have it now email vestex and ask them to send you the midi map button list for mapping. then sit down take a few minutes of your time and map it out. i get tired of hearing all these dj's who complain about no time, i'm so busy. its called I'M lazy, i used to do it too. i play in 3 clubs weekly, live radio show, aol radio, xm sat radio, constant private events, studio sessions, life, dogs and a girlfirend taking up time. funny though i found 30 minutes to map out what i use to make my living. maybe its because i have been doing this for 14 years but when i started out you had to do it yourself. buying records going to dif stores and asking about equipment shit like that. now a days you have too many microwave, out of the box, download playlist dj's who don't even know how to hook up there turntables and want everyone to hand them everything and do it for them. not saying thats you just something i have noticed since the whole "digital" djing. i mean come on being a dj is the new pink! do yourself a favor and instead of complaining about why there isn't a native file for it do it yourself. then you can map it to the way YOU want it. plus if you don't already you will def know where all your buttons are and what they do.

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 9:23 am
I am not lazy my friend.I have done the mapping myself.Its working perfect but i
still have to problems.The LEDS are not working and the pitch its way to fast.
Here i have read that in GENERAL MIDI of virtualdj it only receives commands and
not sends commands. Do you know what that means ? No native support commands
inside GENERAL MIDI.So its not possible to make the complete mapping unless Vestax
help us out with perhaps a .DLL file for virtualdj to make this controller work correctly
with all native functions.

Thats all. I never complained i dont have time.I can find time.And i did and i made myself
the mapping.But native support is needed through the GENERAL MIDI (LEARNING MODE)
inside virtualdj. In other software like TRAKTRO or PCDJ ,through their GENERAL MIDI
LEARNING INTERFACE they have native support enabled ,so its possible to send and
received MIDI commands.

Practice makes better...

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 9:50 am
the pitch is probally due to the setting in your pitch config. what is that set to? is it the same as your controller? as for the leds and send i have that issue with my ddm4000 but i don't really care as long as the controller works for control im good for now. i'm sure a plugin will come along or an update allowing it to send.

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 4:40 pm
if you ever see this controller you will know that the signals that
produces in MIDI are 14bit.This means is 4x times faster then
vestax vci-100 controllers.Which means that it cannot be easily
setup from general midi.This can only be made for the moment
with a midi translator or mini translator to help the pitch
communicate better and understand the speed of pitch midi signal.

And by the way, its still not supported natively from vdj.
So we have to wait...

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 2:34 am
ah ok i see what you mean now.

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 6:24 am
In any case, if anyone wants my latest version of XML just tell me...

i can post a download link here :)

p.s: i would like your comments - and also saying thanks is not bad

practice makes better...

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 8:14 am
Although the question may not have been posed very appropriately, I am also wondering is there a list of all MIDI commands and syntaxs that VDJ supports? As I notice there are some commands and different syntaxs I was able to use to get the VCI-300 working, but I can't find them documented anywhere?

Posté Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 9:54 am
I agree with you DjBeware :) I am so happy that you also have come now to my place and position.

If we manage to have a complete syntax and commands, then it would be easier for us and anyone else
to help himself and also Atomix, with creations of plugins for many controllers :)

My respect and regards
Jim

Posté Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 6:18 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :

and in reply two topic posters kinda state the same:

"But native support is needed through the GENERAL MIDI (LEARNING MODE)
inside virtualdj. In other software like TRAKTRO or PCDJ ,through their GENERAL MIDI
LEARNING INTERFACE they have native support enabled ,so its possible to send and
received MIDI commands."

I can add to that: Deckadance. ;-)

I understand by downloading the SDK you can go to work yourself creating a dll? Don't get the part where Vestax (or any other HW supplier) comes in the picture to supply that dll.... I thought a programmer could make it himself after downloading SDK, not?
Finally, if in the future midi out is supported in the general midi mode, that would make things easier for advanced midi knowlegde users to create "native support" like midi maps, not? I guess that would help out too... soem people don't mind about the leds not working on their consoles.... others do mind (like I do). I guess midi out would get better midi mappers in the download area and ratings like with the effects section would help picking your map. It would take some work out of devs hands too... so go for it I'd say ... LOL

Posté Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 6:30 am
Native DLL custom mappers can only currently be made for existing native supported controllers. This may change in a future version along with the ability to map MIDI outputs (Not currently supported in VDJ v5.2)

And yes, if MIDI output mapping is added in a future version, more advanced users will be able to make a variety of alternative mappers for users to download, as well as mappers for new controllers that don't have native support built into VIrtualDJ.

yourt wrote :
some people don't mind about the leds not working on their consoles

Most people purchasing a controller to use with VirtualDJ would normally check to ensure that it is fully supported first, so that all features work straight out of the box without any further configuration necessary.

If you purchase a controller that is not natively supported, then you run the risk that not all functions of the controller will work until support is added in a future version.

This also applies to Deckadance - Going by the following list of controllers that Deckadance supports, even with 2-way MIDI mapping, users may have problems with the following two examples (Both are natively supported by VirtualDJ):

* Denon DN-HC4500: Text displays require special programming to function.

* Numark DMC-2: Uses USB HID rather than MIDI, so could not be user-mapped via a MIDI learn.

Posté Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 1:57 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok,

thx for that... I already noted the displays on the Denon... I have a Matrix Orbital display in a computer case that I send info to by USB about temp/hd usage/... or mp3 tags from a player... needs dedicated software indeed. So hopefully Virtualdj will continu supporting a variety of controllers (whatever the kind). Because choosing for teh products with a long term software - hardware connection is good but still limiting...
I always thought of Virtualdj as being a good software provider that supported various hardware, and along the way got connected to some hardware providers in a way that everybody could benefit from. So keep up teh good work. Maybe in time hardware controllers will get a standard to follow... which would be nice from everyone except for the "exclusivity binding companies"... ;-)

Posté Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 5:07 am
Can I just say after reading this entire post I NEVER intend on buying a midi controller!!! I say stick too the 1200's and a 3 channel mixer! I mean if some leds not working are going to cause this much trouble, its not worth it?? Dont get me wrong I have learned a ton of things here, I just dont understand whats so hard about hitting a key on your keyboard to get a desired effect?? Maybe i'm retarded but I love my TIMECODES!! HeHeHeHe.
STAY FRESH & KEEP IT FUNKY!!

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 11:33 pm
93%