Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Problem with Virtual Vinyl 5 and Pioneer DJM-600

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dbe123CUE userMember since 2008
Hi,

Last month I bought the Virtual Vinyl package.
I use it with the Timecoded Vinyls mostly.

When I connect to a Rodec MX180 with 2 Technics SL1200 I don't have a problem, the Timecoded signal works just fine.

However, when connecting to a Pioneer DJM-600 with 2 Numark TTX turntables, I don't seem to get a Timecoded signal in the software.

Strange, because the configuration in the software is identical.
I don't seem to get a solution for this.

I know that the RODEC mixing table is mechanically driven, and the Pioneer is an electronic system. Could this cause the problem?

I really need help, because this problem is killing me when performing!

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:05 am

the timecode signal need to go to your SOUNDCARDS input... and NOT to an analogue mixer without soundcard built in (DJM 600)

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 3:44 pm
dbe123CUE userMember since 2008
Hi DJ-in-Norway,

I think I didn't explain my problem very well. Sorry about that.

The way I connect to this mixer is just like Numark instructs you to do it.

I connect the PC using USB 2.0 to the included Numark "metal box" (which is some kind of digital to analogue converter to me), next I connect the Inputs to the corresponding interface and the Outputs to a line input on the mixer. So I really don't think that I'm doing something wrong.

My opinion is that there's a problem with this particular type of mixer. On the other mixers (JB Systems / Rodec / Ecler / Dynacord) I don't have problems.

The bar where I perform however, switched to this "new" Pioneer mixer, and since then I'm experiencing problems.

Any other ideas?

Posté Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 1:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It can't be the mixers fault; the VV box will just be outputting a standard analogue audio stream to it. Must be something in your configuration/connection setup.

As far as TC signal is concerned, the connection to the mixer is irrelevant - as long as the turntables are connected to the VV soundcard you should get TCV signal. You can get TCV signal with no mixer connected at all.

I've used a DJM-600 with TCV in the past with no issues at all :)

Posté Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 9:10 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)