Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Beginners Q

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Mondo7Home userMember since 2009
Hello, im running virtual DJ on my Vista Dell Studio 15. I'd like to use timecode vinyls in order to mix my MP3s physically. Could someone tell me a list of the things I need to get started and what turntables will be compatible? Also do you only need two timecode vinyls?

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:21 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Mondo7 wrote :
Could someone tell me a list of the things I need to get started and what turntables will be compatible? Also do you only need two timecode vinyls?

Any direct drive turntables will do. I use 1210mk2's but if you are on a budget I believe Numark have TT's for the price.

Will will also need a 4 input/4 output Asio soundcard, such as the ESI Maya44, also quite cheap. You will need a mixer, nothing special really and of couse the VirtualDJ timecodes Vinyls which you order from the site.

You could use Numark VV timecode vinyls which you can get from any Numark dealerships.

Hope that helps you mate

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:26 am

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:30 am

I'm not a fan of USB connected turntables,

but have a look at this TT. It's a good starter/budget deck. Check out the other decks on the site, It's my vave online DJ store.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:39 am
Cheers again, so it has to be direct drive, not belt? And how exactly does the timecode vinyls work? Do you need to record an mp3 at a time onto them? Or does it just work like a jog wheel?

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 3:11 pm
Basically, the vinyl has a special code pressed on it (the timecode). You play this like "normal" vinyl. The cart/stylus picks this signal up from the timecode, sends the signal up to your Laptop/PC via the soundcard.

VirtualDJ then reads this signal and does all the magic, lol

Your mp3 file gets loaded on the the "Decks" within the VirtualDJ program, but it's the timecode vinyl that controls the playback.

Easy really, lol

Posté Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 12:51 am
Wow cheers pal, so I would need only 2 timecode vinyls to mix all of my tunes?
Would a turntable like that do? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Numark-USB-TURNTABLE-AUDIO-INTERFACE/dp/B000G3FNVM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232904456&sr=1-4

noooooooo! my gf got me those for christmas thinking they were type of cd for some reason, all i can say is GARBAGE. i like numark, but those ones are more sit down and listem tables at tea time with that come and sherd me to pieces look. look around there are usually starter kits you can get with 2 tables and a lower end mixer.

the usb fuction on then is simply to copy vinyl to your computer, it wont work with VDJ or any other program. i tried on a whim, no luck

Posté Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 3:06 am
burd691Home userMember since 2008

Posté Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 1:58 pm
it will work just fine

Posté Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 11:18 am
i just got a ion usb turntable,if i connect it to the soundcard on my pc instead of through the usb would i be able to use virtual vinyl for this?

Posté Mon 11 May 09 @ 1:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)