Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet running two laptops from one rmx console

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

is there anyway of running two laptops from one rmx console.

Posté Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 4:04 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Could you be a little more specific about what exactly you want to do ?

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 11:26 am
would like to use my windows laptop for music and my mac for karaoke from the one rmx or a back up

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:05 pm
Well, I'm not quite sure I understand...

Let's says your Rmx is being used by the Windows laptop (i.e. connected throught the USB), you are planning to connect the MAC as an external audio source, as you would for a turntable or a iPod ?

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:30 pm
yes but cant do any of the above.or if possible use double usb to connect both

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:40 pm
Not at all.

No USB soundcard can be used by two computer at the same time, even more so if they are running two different operating systems...

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:42 pm
so ho can i connect an ipod or even mac through headphones

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:43 pm

- Upon connecting your source ( iPod, turntable or other computer ) to either INPUT 1/2 or 3/4 on the back of the console, be sure to set the switch to LINE In for the iPod/Computer or PHONO for a turntable.

- Next , go to the Rmx Control Panel, and for INPUT 1/2, make sure LINE IN is selected.

- Once you've launched, press the SOURCE 1 or SOURCE 2 button on your console. This will alternate between your internal playback (MP3) and external source. You will be able to monitor it in the same way with the headphone.

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 2:06 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, staffy as i already explained it is a no go for this.

Once ur computer is down, the rmx will too. and the other way to overcome ur problem is to use an external mixer or the sound mixer which u can hook another source such as the ipod etc to play some track, hence will save the day;)

Another is to talk on the mic while u get ready ur mac and connect your rmx quickly or wait for restarting ur win lappy;)

Regards;)

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 4:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)