Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Broadcasting to a web radio server

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi i have vers. 5,2 and a pc P4 with the hercules rmx and want to stream on a radio server since i have been offered a slot. Im am trying to use the broadcasting option on virtual dj and I followed the guide to broadcasting that is posted on this forum, i have all the stream details such as server, password etc i also have disabled my firewall just to be sure but still I get the error message that it says it cant connect.
I have trid also to download the winamp and shoutcast, as the radio station suggested, but when the hercules is pluged in i cant use the line in from the onboard soundcard for recording and shoutcast doesnt semm to recognize the hercules as a linein. I am stuck and it would be a real shame if i had to give up this offer on a well known house only radio station, please help!! :)

Posté Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 4:37 am
kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There is a little file that you need to download to broadcast straight from Virtual DJ. You have to point to it in the encoder tab on the broadcast settings window.

Its a lame_enc file.

Will see if I can find it on here for you.

Posté Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 4:56 am

Posté Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 5:01 am
thanx for the tip, but unfortunately i allready had that file and, just to be sure, i downloaded the one you suggested. Still no luck. Does anyone stream straight from VD?

Posté Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 9:25 am
This might be a bit obvious but generally if I can't connect through Virtual DJ then its because the host server is connected.

Our radio station has backup music playing when we are not playing live. I need to connect to the server through the website, disconnect the server then connect through Virtual DJ.

Just a suggestion.

Posté Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 10:04 am
Hey Guys I am having a similiar problem doing direct broadcast to a streaming flash media service on a website. No luck!
I don't have an answer yet. I contacted both Hercules Tech Support and Virtual DJ Tech Support. I'll let you know if I find anything.

By the way have either of you noticed that you cannot hear any of the general sounds through the RMX when virtual dj is not running.

I don't know if this is by design or what...

The reason that I bring it up is because you could hear the general sound through the MK II and the RMX is suppose to be a more Pro version but I am unable to hear the general sound hmph?!

Posté Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 10:00 am
how can i hear whats being played?

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 1:38 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
dirtydingo wrote :
how can i hear whats being played?

You had to put the file path, located under the start/Stop Broadcast Button, into somebodys Winamp player.
Or simple switch on your amps!

I don't own a magic glass ball so please explane a little bit more what exactly you want ;-)

Haui

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 2:17 am
sugardaddydj wrote :
Hi i have vers. 5,2 and a pc P4 with the hercules rmx and want to stream on a radio server since i have been offered a slot. Im am trying to use the broadcasting option on virtual dj and I followed the guide to broadcasting that is posted on this forum, i have all....

To broadcast to the shoutcast server like your describing you will need jus tas you said the server, port, and pass. You shouldn't need to use line in unless your using an external mixer.

make sure the auto-start box is unchecked also

Also you may not be able to do this with the LE version I cannot remember what the restrictions are.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 2:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)