Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet feedback when scrolling threw songs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

just found a bug today. there's feedback when scrolling threw songs

im hoping this gets fixed in the next update

Posté Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 9:38 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you give us more details.

Posté Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 11:48 pm
djcel wrote :
Can you give us more details.

ya when im moving up or down in my playlist to pick a track i get a feedback sound :(

Posté Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 1:36 am
Are you using a USB mouse??

Posté Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 12:24 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Are you using a USB mouse??

sometimes but for the most part i use my dmc2

Posté Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 11:13 pm

What do you mean by feedback?

Small clicks and drops? Thats a latency issue..
You have far too low latency set, for your PC to handle, with its current IRQ sharing and hardware.

Posté Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 11:27 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

What do you mean by feedback?

Small clicks and drops? Thats a latency issue..
You have far too low latency set, for your PC to handle, with its current IRQ sharing and hardware.

it seem to only happen that one time .

i set up Traktor Scratch Pro at 32 ms at it don't happen there so i know its vdj

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 2:59 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I had the same issue on my old laptop when I had a very low latency and was scrolling extremely quickly with a DAC-3.

32ms is a very large latency, so I'm going to assume you mean 32 samples. That is an extremely small buffer (1/2 ms) and it doesn't give you much buffering to protect against issues. At what point does a latency increase fix this issue for you? If you're using a DMC-2 then why do you need a latency this low?

The comparison with Traktor - are you doing the same test with the DMC-2 in Traktor, scrolling through files at exactly the same speed? Otherwise it's not really a valid comparison. You also have to bear in mind that their browser, file handling and audio engine are completely different.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 4:49 am

The comparison with Traktor is irrelevant, as the latency setting you have in Traktor is almost for sure not the same as you have set in VDJ

In VDJ, go to performance tab, and set latency to auto, or 1023 or more.

If it still clicks/pops, try (in performance tab) to use overclock on/off, and safemode on/off (see what works best for you).
Safe mode on, will eliminate the problem almost for sure. But only use this as a last fix.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 10:02 am
guys does it go by your machine what you set your latency to.
mine is dell 4gb ram 320hd..dual core processor
and use rmx

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 5:07 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It goes by the sound card type (make/model, driver quality, connection type) and other machine specific things - other hardware, driver quality and so on.

Basically how low you can go is entirely system dependant.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 5:45 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)