Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet ERRORS

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

During the Gig last night each song which was loaded came up Error and would not play. I restarted VDJ with out any success. As a final solution i went in to config and clicked fix which resolved he problem. Just wondered why this happens as it not the first time. All external drives were working and showing ok, so i ruled out them disconnecting. For those who are not in the know of how to resolve this problem could be out on a limb for the rest of the gig.

Posté Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 7:37 am
It's always a good idea to have an emergency application for such cases. Or do a backup of all Virtual DJ directories including all the databases.

Posté Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 10:00 am
Frequent defrag of your HDDs and fix & clean of your VDJ databases is also prudent.

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 2:16 am
Same problem happened last night with the additional problem of songs not loading completley as i mentioned on a previous report not answered by the team ( not a dig ) as i know your busy. The latter is effecting short and long play tunes despite full load being set in config. This happens during the gig not straight away and therefore reverting to back. My thoughts are that the external harddrives are'nt allowing the transfers quick enough although, don't understand how VDJ when the fix is applied in browser setting works for the errors. Any few would be appreciated as it might shed some light for a few ideas.

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 6:37 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Well first of all, how often do you do a De-frag and Disk clean. I do it once a week on all of my drives whether they need it all not.

How often do you do the "Check" and "Clean" routine of you DB, I tend to do it at the start of every gig.

Lastly, is your harddrive getting hot, this can also effect the performance too.

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 6:51 am
The hard drive might be failing, too...Tayla can attest to that type of problem for sure, and your symptoms are beginning to sound familiar. You should probably mnake a backup ASAP if you haven't already.

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 7:22 pm
Agree with the above statements, get that stuff onto a new drive backed up.

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 8:01 pm
Hi Guys, great support, thank you, I have run a scan of the drive which is a regular routine no problems came to light. The gig last night was flawless. The material on the drive is backed up, but i always advocate having several backups of your work as it has been known for as many as three drives breaking down in the same week for one unfortunate colleague. I have two Sata drives in one external case which runs fairly cool, one drive i have set for VDJ the other as back up this is risky if the unit is stolen or damaged.

In the past Vista as sometimes displayed that one or both drives need formatting but after replugging all was fine. My conclusion was either the external casing board was dodgy or the lead but this still has to be proven, however gonna revert back to my other drives, leads etc. The formatting issue was a factor with XP but MS supposed to have had fixed this issue in Vista. With regards to the suggestion that the drive could be on its way out is not taken lightly and will be heeded, cheers for that one. Keep you all posted and once again cheers for your advice.

Chris

Posté Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 5:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)