Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ broadcasting on network

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

wazza6Home userMember since 2009
Hi ,
I'm doing a little party in about a week with Virtual DJ , i'll be the DJ. I started practicing and testing if everything worked correctly , but I don't know how to broadcast from my computer ,without having it on a server (example : www.listen2myradio.com ). I tried "Broadcast from my own computer" but when I wanted to listen to it , the address written under the "STOP RECORDING" button (ex: XX-XXX-XXX-XXX:XXXXXX/VirtualDJ.mp3) , I couldn't , Firefox reported error 404 (Not Found) and RealPlayer reported "General Error" . Please tell me how to do it , else i'll have to cancel the party :(

Thanks.

P.S. For those who find it unclear : I'll be DJ-ing from my computer , listening with my headphones , and my other computer will be playing it on huge speakers.

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 6:47 pm
wazza6 wrote :
Hi ,
I'm doing a little party in about a week with Virtual DJ , i'll be the DJ. I started practicing and testing if everything worked correctly , but I don't know how to broadcast from my computer ,without having it on a server (example : www.listen2myradio.com ). I tried "Broadcast from my own computer" but when I wanted to listen to it , the address written under the "STOP RECORDING" button (ex: XX-XXX-XXX-XXX:XXXXXX/VirtualDJ.mp3) , I couldn't , Firefox reported error 404 (Not Found) and RealPlayer reported "General Error" . Please tell me how to do it , else i'll have to cancel the party :(

Thanks.

P.S. For those who find it unclear : I'll be DJ-ing from my computer , listening with my headphones , and my other computer will be playing it on huge speakers.

Are you dj'ing this party from a remote location?

Because what you're doing is overkill otherwise, Just run your master out to your amp and have fun.

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 7:06 pm
1. I'll be the DJ from another room and then the doors of this room will open... wathever that's not the question... And anyway I only have 1 audio out plug on my computer and it's for my headsets , so I want to play it from another computer still in my house... If you know how to fix my problem please answer.

Thanks

Posté Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 9:21 am
Oh and by the way DJ Marcel, since you live in Canada , where did you buy your DMC2 ?? I'm searching everywhere but I really don't know where I can buy it. :P
If you remember please take some time to help me

Posté Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 9:24 am
I bought my DMC2 from Axe Music in Edmonton

http://axemusic.com

They ship nationwide. I was in the store the other day and they have a DMC2 on display.

As for your question: Set your soundcard to allow for headphone preview.

COnfig/soundcard/Output - headphone mono separated.

Your left side of your output will be in mono and it'll be your master out. Your Right side will be your headphone out.

Then you can run your left side speaker wire to your speakers in the other room.

Your single output soundcard will be able to do the party without having the trouble of trying to broadcast.

K.I.S.S

Keep it simple ST___

Posté Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 7:47 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Sorry if this looks like I'm thread-jacking. Nice avitar Marcel....;-)

Posté Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 8:19 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Nice avitar

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

P.S

Never listen to my poetry either :P

Posté Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 9:34 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)