Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Issues with Timecoded vinyl

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just downloaded a trial version of Virtaul DJ for. I'm using Serato as the timecoded DJ interface. I use the smart setup (in the configurations). Two huge problems:

1. After I play a track with timecoded vinyls, after few minutes it just starts acting weird. I'm not able to control the tracks through my vinyls....the track goes automatically in the internal mix mode...I hope I'm explaining it right.

2. I'm using Serato and sound quality is really bad. Isn't Serato compatible with VDP?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Posté Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 8:25 pm
That's the problem - trial version.

I believe that some elements are either unavailable or limited in a trial version - if I'm not mistaken, the timecodes only work for a short while, then stop.

The trial versions of most music management software tend to have certain criteria attached to them:

The whole thing only lasts you for a set period of time - a week to a month, usually then it won't work at all - in most cases, if you download it today, then either forget to use it, then two weeks later, you suddenly remember you have downloaded it, you only have two weeks left to use it or you forget it altogether, then attempt to use it, it won't work - it works for the month after you have downloaded it, or whatever;

The trial version you can use for ever - but the decent functions don't work, or have limited capability or functionality;

In some cases, when you try to pay for the software, debit cards aren't the same as credit cards - they say that debit cards are not a valid method of payment - the site is based outside the UK and you live in the UK (in my case).

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 6:06 am
Its the first hour of the trial....I don't think its has to anything to do with that. There seems to be a glitch in the software.

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 7:38 am

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 9:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which sound card do you use?

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 2:35 pm
I'm using Serato for DJ interface.

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 2:35 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So can you post a screenshot of the timecode interface in config in order to analyse the signal.

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 3:17 pm
I'll put the screenshots tonite...appreciate the help!

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 3:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)