Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Turntable Behaving Strangely

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ok. Here's the setup.
2 Technics 1200 TT's /with m44-7 needles (just replaced the old needles that were not M-44's.)
Denon DN -X120 Mixer
Numark VV audio controller

I just purchased some Technics 1200's (used but work just fine). I replaced the needles with some M-44-7's. I replaced the small wires that came with them and followed the color coding. When I first fired them up the left TT was spinning wildly in the Timecode Set up box. Even when it wasn't on. I finally got it to behave the way it "should" in the config, except that it spun backwards. I revesed Phase and it spun in the proper direction. When I manipulate the TT, now, no matter which direction I turn the vinyl, it advances the song. I spin it backwards, the track continues forward.

I'm stumped. Can some one help with this? I'm not sure if this should go into the Hardware section or the Software section of the forum. lol

P.S. the other deck works fine and is wired the exact same way with the exact same needle.

Posté Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 8:09 pm
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Any ideads on why this is happening? Everything was fine with the older needles.

Posté Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 6:54 pm
what are your settings in the sound setup config window?

Posté Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 6:50 am
Make sure you are getting 100% timecode signal,you can check it in the setup section and do an auto config,whenever I have that problem,its either my vinyl is dirty or my needle almost finish,and I get timecode a signal going up and down(not steady at a 100%).So check that first if not send your total setup config.

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:51 pm
Usually when its going backwards.. its because you need to check the connections going into your soundcard. The RCa Jacks... Load up a track and play your turntable.. connect the rca cables until you see it playing correct..

Posté Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 1:04 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Please post a screenshot of the timecode config window

Posté Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 5:19 am
I too have had that problem.
I found out its either a bad ground wire or the ground isn't secured property too the mixer.
Only reason I know cause it happened to me last night and and that fixed it right away.

Posté Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 9:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)