Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Compatability questions Total Control and BCD 3000

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

lukedfHome userMember since 2009

Hi Guys,

I have read through the forum, and I am finding a lot of issues seemingly with all the players and I have some questions:

1) Is the BCD-3000 supported NATIVELY in Virtual DJ 5.2? Secondly, when using this controller will I have to connect external speakers, or will the sound still come from my PC as normal?

2) The Numark Total Control I keep reading about how flimsy the design in, and things just stopping working, buttons stop workin, nobs get messed up - or it totally shuts down. Yikes... What is the Atomix position on this? are these rare cases or quite common? Secondly, if I am only going to be using my comptuer speakers for the next couple weeks, will I need the Djio sound card? I am living in a flat with 4 roomates at the moment, I wont be connecting to external speakers or back in a club till June - so, just seeing what I need right now.

3) I see conflicting reports whether or not the Numark Totalcontrol has a headphone jack!? WHAT? Anyone here can confirm this or not? And will a Headphone be able to monitor only one deck only (as it is currently impossible with one soundcard on a laptop), or will it just monitor both like if I am using headphones and my laptop? What a bout the BCD-3000.

Lastly - What controller is recommended by the Atomix support team as the most "hassle free". In the past i've worked alot with the old CDN 88's (numark) and the Pioneer CDj's - just so you get a feel from where I am coming from, what i am used to etc. - I know neither of these models will live up to a CDJ feel/quality, but, well - just giving you an idea.

Additionally, I doubt they will be used live, likely only for pre-mixes to use at live shows/entertainment - if that makes a difference to how you would rate them.

Thanks alot, I know there's plenty questions, but -- better ask all once than flood the forum.

Thanks,
Luke

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:27 am
Hey Luke...

I'm not an official Numark or Atomix rep, but I am a DJ who's been spinning more than half my life (I started when I was 12) and started with blending vinyl...so I'd like to say I know a thing or two. But I sold all my vinyl and am not into it as heavy as I used to be, it's more part time supplemental income as my real passion is now in production. So I'm not really investing much in my DJ career so I just use something simple like the Total Control.

ME personally...I'm not a fan of the Behringer mixers / controllers at all...I would personally stay away from them. They feel cheap, can't really backspin the wheels and if u try doing anything remotely fancy on em, ur fingers hit the volume control up or down. Whoever designed that is NOT a DJ nor did they have a real DJ beta test it out.

The Numark Total Control is OK. Beats the Behringer in my opinion. The Total Control itself is just a USB MIDI Controller, which controls VDJ, and doesn't have any onboard sound. You CAN however get the DJ I|O for it. I wouldn't recommend using the Total Control without an ASIO soundcard (the I|O). I've had nothing but problems with it as just a controller using my laptops standard sound card. Either I leave on "Safe Mode" in the options and I get terrible sound quality (that zipper/crunching sound when moving faders) or I take it off and get good sound quality but the Total Control goes out on me mid show cause it can't handle all the tasks. The feel of it is ok, not as heavy duty as I expected, but not as cheap at the Behringers in my opinion. But like I said...don't use it without the I|O. The I|O now supports 64 bit systems

I currently have Numarks new Omni Control, sitting in its box brand new collecting dust. Bought it at a trade show but unfortunately they don't have 64 bit driver support for it yet (which is currently being developed & beta tested by Numark). It has it's own onboard soundcard with headphone jack, so if I'm not mistaken you can use headphones to cue. I really like the feel of the thing. Big step up from the Total Control, real heavy duty feel! I look forward to using it. If your budget permits, I would invest in the Omni Control over any of the other 2 you have discussed...

Hope this helps.

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 12:48 pm
P.S. I have VDJ Pro 5.2.1 and it does support the BCD 2000/3000 Natively, however, as I suggested...I would really stay away from this brand as far as controllers, I would stick with Numark. Better and more options to choose from...

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 12:50 pm
lukedfHome userMember since 2009
Hey man, thanks for all that information. What about the Omni Controller? Is that supported natively in 5.2 and also will that work with my Mac (OSX - Leopard)??

-Luke

Posté Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:02 am
No prob, as of right now since the Omni Control came out after the latest release of VDJ, it is NOT currently natively supported by VDJ. Atomix does claim, however, that in the new version/upgrade of Virtual DJ to be released, there should be native support for the Omni Control. I'm just waiting on that myself as well. There is a MIDI map out there somewhere on this site for it though that should hold over until that is released.

My Omni Control does have a Mac logo on the side as one of the system requirements, so you should be good to go with a Mac.

Posté Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:15 am
RipProductions wrote :
No prob, as of right now since the Omni Control came out after the latest release of VDJ, it is NOT currently natively supported by VDJ. Atomix does claim, however, that in the new version/upgrade of Virtual DJ to be released soon (hopefully), there should be native support for the Omni Control. I'm just waiting on that myself as well. There is a MIDI map out there somewhere on this site for it though that should hold over until that is released.

My Omni Control does have a Mac logo on the side as one of the system requirements, so you should be good to go with a Mac.

Posté Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 5:07 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)