Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Very basic problem with dj console rmx

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am sorry to even be bothering you about this, but I cannot find a solution to my problem anywhere, not even in the manual.

So I borrowed the Hercules dj console Rmx from a friend of mine and all he told me to do was download Hercules Rmx drivers and install virtual dj and I should be good to go. So I've got the latest drivers, the latest Virtual DJ, but...it won't go.

When I connect the dj console the lights flash for a few seconds and then go out. Nothing I do in Virtual DJ is in coherence with the console. In fact the console seems to be just...off.

Do I need more wiring besides the USB? Or do I need to configure VirtualDJ in some specific manner to make it work? I've tried all sorts of audio configs like Input: none Output: Headphones / External Mixer Soundcard: mono separated (Hercules Rmx)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to hand this thing back tomorrow having done nothing with it :P

Posté Tue 19 May 09 @ 2:26 pm
iPengoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Presumably you've activated the RMX in "Remote Control" under the config settings?

The other likely problem is your version of Virtual DJ. What version do you have?

Posté Wed 20 May 09 @ 10:10 am
I'm using virtual dj 5.0 and Rmx is turned on

Posté Wed 20 May 09 @ 10:19 am

Posté Wed 20 May 09 @ 10:26 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

You need VirtualDJ 5rev7 or newer for the RMX to work with it.

The version you have looks older.

Posté Wed 20 May 09 @ 10:32 am
Ok I got it working. Next question, how do I get prelistening to work? At the moment it all goes into the mix :/

Posté Wed 20 May 09 @ 2:43 pm
iPengoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You need to plug your speakers in via the RCA/TSR outputs on the back of the console RMX, and plug in your headphones to the headphone jack. In the Virtual DJ settings the soundcard should be the Hercules DJ Console RMX and the output should be Headphones. The input is irrelevant. I think.

Posté Wed 20 May 09 @ 7:21 pm
iPengo wrote :
You need to plug your speakers in via the RCA/TSR outputs on the back of the console RMX, and plug in your headphones to the headphone jack. In the Virtual DJ settings the soundcard should be the Hercules DJ Console RMX and the output should be Headphones. The input is irrelevant. I think.

hi mate

when you rca/tsr do you mean the output 1/2 +4dbu? to go to the amp?

sorry it might sound a stupid question but beleive me when i say i havent done anything like this before

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 5:58 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Maxking_1 wrote :

when you rca/tsr do you mean the output 1/2 +4dbu? to go to the amp?

Yes, if you are using RCA's you need Output 1&2 to go to you amp. If you are using the 1/4" outputs then it's the same Output 1&2

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 8:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)