Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Vdj External Mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey Ya

I have the numark virtual vinyl 5 hardware and software that i use with a external mixer and decks that doesnt control the mixer on the software which is fine

but to record and broadcast i understand i need a mixer that will control the virtual vinyl software ?

so looking for sugestions of what mixer to get that will control the vdj mixer so i can broadcast and record not wanting to spend anymore than £200 ish really

need to be able to plug my decks and also my speakers into the mixer

bit confused of what i need so any help plzzzz

Just to add i need it to work with Vista

Posté Fri 22 May 09 @ 8:40 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
angel_73 wrote :

but to record and broadcast i understand i need a mixer that will control the virtual vinyl software ?

No not really.

All you will need is a mixer that has a "booth out" option. You then can run a RCA from the mixers "booth out" to a internal soundcard. Then use something like Audacity (free software) to record the mix. This is how I record a mix when I use my TCV at home.

To Broadcast it's a similar set up too.

Posté Sat 23 May 09 @ 3:34 am
Thanxs for your reply

just looked at the mixer i got at the mo and the only bit that hasnt got anything plugged in is record out is that the same as booth out ?

also i use a laptop and dont have anywhere to plug into my soundcard so would i need a like usb sound card

Posté Sat 23 May 09 @ 6:03 am
angel_73 wrote :

just looked at the mixer i got at the mo and the only bit that hasnt got anything plugged in is record out is that the same as booth out ?

I think that should do.

What I do is use is the internal soundcard of my old gig laptop to record with. I plug the RCA cable into the "Mic in" socket. So I think you should use that too.

Posté Sat 23 May 09 @ 6:27 am
i know what ya on bout now i used to do that before i was using timecode to record but the sound quality aint as good as if it was recording/broadcastin on Virtual Vinyl which is why im thinkin gettin a new mixer its just which one lol

Posté Sat 23 May 09 @ 6:39 am
Would the Numark DXM01 USB Mixer control the internal mixer on virtual vinyl ?

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 10:02 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
angel_73 wrote :
Would the Numark DXM01 USB Mixer control the internal mixer on virtual vinyl ?

The DMX01 USB mixer is not midi compatible. The sound will be effected but not the fader on the skin.

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 11:14 am

Thanxs for reply can ya tell me a mixer that would work the fader in virtual vinyl one that i can connect my decks and also speakers too and headphones

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 12:39 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
angel_73 wrote :

Thanxs for reply can ya tell me a mixer that would work the fader in virtual vinyl one that i can connect my decks and also speakers too and headphones

You can use midi controller such as numark total control, herc rmx or mk2 etc.

Also you can look at midi mixer.

Regards;)

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 3:48 pm
spinnaJ wrote :

You can use midi controller such as numark total control, herc rmx or mk2 etc.

Also you can look at midi mixer.

Regards;)

The Numark Total Control dont think it has anywhere i could plug my decks into not over keen on the others i just kinda want one thats like a simple kinda mixer like the Numark DXM01

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 8:14 pm

What about something like this this

It's probably the cheapest mixer with midi you can buy, and I think there is a design limitations when it comes to mixing video, ( I believe) but this will allow you to control VirtualDJ's fader and sliders.

Posté Mon 25 May 09 @ 2:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)