Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Timecode Set Up Help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Firstly i would like to thank each and everyone who has taken the time out to read this post regarding the help i need for creating a timecode set up.

I recently came across a video on youtube by a guy called 'Dj Socross' who created a timecode set up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrYIpZ1h29E)
And i foudn this to be very benificial to me - as it saves me having to copy all my mp3s on to cds as i can use a hard drive - but my question is this:

I recently spoke to somone about decks - and i told them i had the numark axis 9 decks - and a maya 44 sound card - and they said that i cannot create a time coded set up - is this true?

Posté Thu 28 May 09 @ 11:21 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
He was wrong to tell you that. Your soundcard will work...is it the usb version? You can download the timecode cd from this site.

Posté Thu 28 May 09 @ 5:05 pm
the sound card is a usb one...

I spoke to my mate and he said that a time coded deck is when your deck is used as a controler to control software in this case being virutal dj, the axis 9 isn't a deck which can control software as it dosent have USB compatibility but socross said that it shouldnt matter? - so do i need to purchase a pair of decks that are suitable?

Posté Sat 30 May 09 @ 7:54 am
Any CDJ can be used to control VDJ using timecode CDs.

Posté Sat 30 May 09 @ 10:27 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Listen to Socross. You are good to go with what you have. It is true that if you have a midi compatible CD player there can be some advantages in the way the player interacts with VDJ. Midi Mixers especially can trigger effects, etc. in VDJ. With that said, your tables will work just like you have a CD in them but it will be an MP3. Download the trial and give it shot.

Posté Sat 30 May 09 @ 3:59 pm

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 6:37 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)