Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mapping a DAC3 in 6.0 - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I understand that cstoll. Everyone I talk to used it though.

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
brian_fligg wrote :
I understand that cstoll. Everyone I talk to used it though.

It's because you had something in common ... but not everyone ...

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 5:17 pm
brian_fligg wrote :
It would be nice. I still don't understand why it's not programmed as such with the new version. It worked beautifully. Now I'm tyring to learn a new language to get it back to the way it was. It maybe easier than total code, but if you know nadda it's hard to make sense of it.

Native mappings need to be kept simple and easy to use, i.e: Buttons should do what they say where possible. The DAC-3 custom mapper with its modes would be very confusing and complicated for a new user (And for many existing users too who don't need all the extra functionality.)

The great thing about VDJ v6 is that users can now actually easily customise the default mappings themselves to suit their own preferences.

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 5:42 pm
mariushallangos wrote :
Jpboggis, can you please "adapt" your old mapper to vdj6? The old mapper was perfect. Since yesterday I've tried to understand vdj script but no results for me :( Thanks.

I might do that at some point if I get enough time.

brian_fligg wrote :
In particular, put cursor in search box, nav through browser windows from left to right and open folders. I think I can figure out the rest.

Focus on search box = search

Navigate left/right = browser_window -1 and browser_window +1

Enter folder (I.e: Expand it if collapsed, or browse songs within it): browser_enter

Expand/collapse folder = browser_folder

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 5:55 pm
Thank you, I'll try it and if it works, should be all set with the exception of:

If you want to make a two button combo have a result, how would you do that?

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 6:21 pm
You would need to use a variable and test whether it is set, e.g:

BUTTON1 = set 'button1' while_pressed
BUTTON2 = var 'button1' ? action_for_button1+button2 : action_for_button2_on_its_own

Or to perform an action when two buttons are pressed simultaneously:

BUTTON1 = set 'button1' while_pressed & var 'button2' ? action_to_perform_for_combo : normal_action
BUTTON2 = set 'button2' while_pressed & var 'button1' ? action_to_perform_for_combo : normal_action

NOTE: You need to repeat the action for the combo twice, because sometimes you might press button1 before button2 and other times, vice-versa.

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 7:22 pm
OK, I'm almost good. I'm trying to set a script so CP+FOLDER will put the cursor in the search box as with the boggis mapper. I've tried a few variations base on your post above here, but I'm still messing something up. All the other functions work great. With this last one, I should be all set, if you don't mind.

Thank's SO MUCH!

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:31 pm
Change the mapping of CP to:

set 'cp' while_pressed & vinyl_mode on while_pressed

Then change FOLDER to:

var 'cp' ? search : var 'shift' ? browser_folder : browser_window 'folders,songs'

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 1:08 pm
If I set the folder button to browse between folders window. songs window and playlist window the last position ramain highlighted in all 3 windows. How could I highlight only the active window? Thanks.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:18 pm
How can I calibrate pitch sliders? on 0 position it appers a +0.1 pitch on left deck and -0.1pitch on right deck. Thanks.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 5:35 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Change the mapping of CP to:

set 'cp' while_pressed & vinyl_mode on while_pressed

Then change FOLDER to:

var 'cp' ? search : var 'shift' ? browser_folder : browser_window 'folders,songs'

Will do tomorrow. Thank you again for your help.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 10:47 pm
Interesting...now the open folder command doesn't work.

Posté Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:14 am
brian_fligg wrote :

Hi. Have you managed to expand/collapse folders? I've tried what jpboggis have said but the only expand I get is on my computer or on root of my virtual folders. And about the pitch calibration, doesn't it bother you that you have a +(-) 1 pitch on the zero position of the pitch fader?

Posté Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 7:37 pm
mariushallangos wrote :
brian_fligg wrote :

Hi. Have you managed to expand/collapse folders? I've tried what jpboggis have said but the only expand I get is on my computer or on root of my virtual folders. And about the pitch calibration, doesn't it bother you that you have a +(-) 1 pitch on the zero position of the pitch fader?

One of the lines jboggis posted above did allow the folders to open/close, but I think he made a mod per my request for something else and it got messed up. An no, +/- 1 for pitch doesn't bother me. I don't look at it, just listen. ;)

Posté Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 7:41 pm
I finnaly managed to work most of the dac3 buttons the way I want. Anyway , the jpboggis's old mapper is by far much superior and I whish that jpboggis had some time to make the new mapper work the way the old mapper worked. Anyway thanks to jpboggis for the dac3 support.

Posté Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 1:28 pm
Is there any way to get the top file in the browser window to be highlighted when using the DAC3 arrows to navigate using the suggested code above? It's hard to know which window is selected.

Also, one of the scripts you suggested to modify above now makes folder + >> no longer open a collapsed folder open.

Your help is very much appriciated.

Posté Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 1:11 pm
Brian, you can't solve these problems. You're the person we go to with VDJ problems...

Posté Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 5:12 pm
Where do you think "I" learn from???? You think I'm some know it all god that decends from above when you need help? lol

I guess I just want to figure stuff out ASAP so I try to learn and figure it out on my own. When I'm still stuck, I have my go-to guys just like you, and this is one of them. :)

Posté Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 5:25 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i'm gonna try these different maps.
i did love the jp mapper for the older version. just gotta get the time to play with changing it :)

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 3:50 pm
Rhemy-DPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi all, new to this mapping stuff. I'm trying to change the mapper to work as the boggis mapper for version 5 (big ups to jp for that!) but i want to make a very vital addition to cater for my dj style. I want to make the cue and play modes work as follows:

same for normal activity but when cue is held down and i push play i want the track to continue playing when i release cue rather then stoping. Any idea how i do that from the mapper config menus?

edit: clarity

Basically i want the cue and play modes to work as a pioneer CDJ800 etc. I know theres cue_mode and play_mode 'pioneer' but that doesnt seem to work when i issue commands as follows:

play = play_mode 'pioneer' & play_button
cue = cue_mode 'pioneer' & cue_button

Posté Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 9:22 am
93%