Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Vestax VCI-300 vs Hercules RMX

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Vestax VCI-300 vs Hercules RMX

Convince me why I should dump the Hercules and go with the Vestax? Considering it is 3x the price, I don't see why one would upgrade

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 5:14 pm
Both are self contained one piece
Both have sound card built in
Both have line in, I know the hercules has phono level
VCI has VU meters, Hercules does not
Both are usb powered
VCI is touch sensitive, hercues is not
both are heavy duty metal build
Hercules is rack mountable

VCI300 Specific questions:

Does it work natively with VDJ6?
Do all of the lights light up?
How is the sound latency? Any clicks or pops?
Are all of the buttons mapped?
Can you toggle the jog wheels scratch/bend?
When you bend with the wheels, does it bend in master tempo?
If the PC is rebooted, does the LINE In continue to work? How do you switch it on?

I need a comparison chart!

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 6:26 pm
WirelessDJ wrote :
Vestax VCI-300 vs Hercules RMX

Convince me why I should dump the Hercules and go with the Vestax? Considering it is 3x the price, I don't see why one would upgrade

why do we need to convince you? If you want it buy it if not then don't.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 6:53 pm
So then I take it that there are not many VCI300 users

if there were, they would share their reasons for why they love the controller. And... this thread indicates that some people have problems (although it does not go into detail so I can only guess)
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/109662/Hardware_Technical_Support/VDJ6_and_Vestax_VCI-300_support.html

Conclusion: I want a new controller but I am not dropping $900 until I see enough evidence that it works well with VDJ6

thank you taking time to read/reply

WirelessDJ

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 7:11 pm
CidKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well am a VCI-300 user.

For my part, i have switched from M-Audio Xponent to VCi-300 after testing it out at a music conferance a few months back. While at the Vestax stand it was setup with Itch, wiche in my opinion is pretty fuckin solid piece of software. The VCI completly blew my mind away on how responsive it is and how well built it is. It feels PRO and not toy ish...

It sends 14bit midi signals thats pretty much way it is more responsive and precise.

As for VDJ and VCI, it will and can be native inside VDJ, as for now am pretty sure Dev Team or high level users are working to get this baby to work correctly. As for now it kinda works at 70%. Still not super stable but it's just a matter of fine tunning the mapper.

As for the sound/pops and clicks, ive been running my VCI at 256 of latency without any hick ups or audio drop out's. I have a Macbook Pro 15inch Unibody with 4GB of RAM and OSx 10.5.6. I have tested it with 10.5.7 without any problems, the only reason i reverted back was cause am also using a Audio8 DJ and timecodes for my gig setup and it was better to stay with what worked for me before the upgrade.

So basically i total love my VCI-300, i know it was expensive but to me it worth it, but then again, it all depends on your needs and money you are willing to cash in. For me money wasnt to much of an issue, and i wanted an all in one solution. Theres milions of all in one solutions out there and for pretty much any budget.

Hope this helped abit bro.

Cheers

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 8:42 pm
I had a RMX and sold it the immediatley. Thank god i only paid 250 new. Tomorrow, im getting the VCI 300. I have already tested it at the store and i am impressed for what it can do. It works flawless. Its good that i waited untill now to buy because the previous version has a recall. The second batch of VCI's has a green dot next the serial number. The are the good ones.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 10:00 pm
THAT HELPS A LOT. I appreciate the replies So, if I think the Hercules is well built, then the VCI-300 should be even better

I've got the money set aside and will wait till someone posts 100% compatibility with VDJ6. In then meantime will hang on to Hercules RMX. And hopefully by then the VCI-300 will drop in price

Posté Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 5:52 pm
Sold the Hercules RMX
bought a VCI-300

MAN THIS IS A HELL OF A CONTROLLER
Well built
Very smooth

But I can't stand ITCH!?

I reverted back to 5.21
downloaded the VCI-300 mapper
cant seem to figure out the sound card though

can this work if I use it in conjunction with a maya 44 usb or some other way in mono?

PLEASE VIRTUAL DJ DEVELOPMENT TEAM GET THE VCI-300 WORKING. It is hands down, the best quality (all in one) controller I have ever owned

The pitch sliders on this make numark seem like sandpaper.

Posté Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 7:11 pm
Told ya so...

You could use another sound card with the VCI-300. For exemple, use the VCI only for midi and control purpose and plug in another usb sounds card and route that sound card as you would normaly do.

I feel you about the VCI not mapped correctly, am so waiting for this to be fixed, i have reverted to 5.2.1 well for LIVE Gig's at least.

Posté Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 7:31 pm
all mappings work great, the only thing I can not figure out is how to load to deck B and load to B without mouse

as for sound...
inputs - none
outputs - headphones
sound cards -2
sound card - VCI300
sound card - primary sound driver
output channels - master = second card, headphones = first card

works great! I can cue up and adjust volumes. the master out does not work but I can use the pitch sliders as a control. problem is, built in sound card on lappy is crappy.

so, I hooked up a maya 44 usb. It shows up as USB audio (cant use maya 44 icon in this case with asio)

inputs - none
outputs - headphones
sound cards -2
sound card - VCI300
sound card - usb audio
output channels - master = second card, headphones = first card

I get an error in direct x, no sound will play. What is the difference between usb sound card and built in.

looks like I am using ITCH this weekend

meaning...
No brake
No Flanger
No BeatGrid
No Long Brake
No video
No History
No custom logo on videos
pitch range is only +/- 6%
No Skins
No auto BPM match
No auto cue
No fast forward button from controller
No auto slow pitch return
No accidental load protection (security)
No auto gain
NO BACKUP PC, Itch will not run on a netbook - too processor intensive
No Video. Did I say NO VIDEO?? I really need my video or I am going backwards.

There are some redeeming features of Itch, but overall VirtualDJ is eons ahead of them in features.

Signed Frustrated
WirelessDJ

Posté Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:19 pm
Thats wierd dought, cause i set my Audio8 DJ as main sound card, setup external mixer and hook up the VCI only for midi controls and it works great.

So basicaly i use VCI to control VDJ and the external mixer for the actual mixing.

It should work with Maya....

Posté Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:22 pm

PLEASE VIRTUAL DJ DEVELOPMENT TEAM GET THE VCI-300 WORKING. It is hands down, the best quality (all in one) controller I have ever owned

Posté Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:23 pm
What was that all about bro ??

Posté Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:25 pm
hit the wrong button, I edited post and fixed it

Posté Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:27 pm
vovanabHome userMember since 2010
what u talking about! Hercules does everything you need from usb midi controller! and you pay 300$ not 900$ coz its Vestax! no point to upgrade from Hercules, Vestax is overpriced, and tell me the difference? same buttons, same shit! but 900$! but if have alot of money, get the Pioneer cdj 2000 :)))))

Posté Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 9:12 am
@ Vovanab. Have you ever used a VI 300 to know the difference ? Do you know what it feels like ? You buy equipment based on the feel, not because it looks like it has similiar fetures. Every thing feels different.

Posté Sat 16 Jan 10 @ 12:26 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I own both controllers. The RMX is a fine device, nothing wrong with it at all, if your not doing any fancy scratching or juggling, grab the RMX. The VCI, however, is head and shoulders above the RMX as far as controllers are concerned.

Posté Sat 16 Jan 10 @ 12:37 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)