Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New soundcard M-Audio Delta 44 ... any good?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm looking to get a sound card for my rackmount computer.
The local store has an M-Audio Delta 44 on sale (clearance?)
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta44.html

its a PCI card with a breakout box. It has four 1/4" inputs and four 1/4" outputs. (though i dont think the inputs could be used with most turntables with out some sort of preamp?)

has anyone used this card with VDJ?
Should I be looking at other options?

thanx!

Posté Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 5:25 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have the Delta 66 which is basically the same card (its the same breakout box)
Its been working perfectly for years for me and allthough i havent used timecoded vinyl in a while, i used to use it no problems with a very lol latency with the ASIO drivers

PJay

Posté Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 6:19 am
PJay wrote :
I have the Delta 66 which is basically the same card (its the same breakout box)
Its been working perfectly for years for me and allthough i havent used timecoded vinyl in a while, i used to use it no problems with a very lol latency with the ASIO drivers

PJay

thanks!

Posté Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 9:49 am
I got the delta 44 installed last night..
the install itself was completely painless. put CD in CD holder, put card in slot. start computer.. bam..

Cord that goes to the breakout box is actually pretty long, I'm now thinking I might attach the box to the back of my new Denon mixer and make 4 very short 1/4" to RCA adapters.

Didnt have time to play with it a lot, but I tried out some different configs.
The ASIO was awesome, but I found out I then couldnt run the "samples" to the third channel of my mixer.
So I instead used the M-audio drivers/mixer and ran dual sound card config. DECK 1 & 2 on the delta and the samples on the onboard soundcard..

even without ASIO, latency is still improved! Didnt have time to see how far I could push it, but I will this weekend!

P.S.
I got to give some props to the built in soundcards on the intel motherboards..
A/B comparison, the sound quality was only slightly improved with the delta.

Posté Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 4:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)