Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Scanning for BPM painfully slow

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I recently made the switch from PCDJ VJ to Virtual DJ v6.01. When I scan for BPMs in Virtual DJ its painfully slow taking a good minute or so for each mp3.

This was reasonably quick in PCDJ VJ and in the demo of v5.21 of VDJ.

Is there a way to fix this or is it a known bug?

Posté Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 6:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 8:29 pm
I have tried the performance settings on various options and doesnt make a difference.

I have also tried the registry tool and still painfully slow.

It only scanned about 100 songs in 8 hours last night.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 5:36 am
have you scanned your system for any malware. A good prog use is Superantispyware full version is free for a time. Seems to find stuff others can't. I have found in the past how such nasty bugs can slow your BPM scans as with other software. Just an idea.

The other question is are you scanning from a external drive also what is the speed of your system.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 5:47 am
Yes have already checked and the laptop doesnt go on the net nothing was found. I even opened the collection in PCDJ VJ and tried scanning for BPMs and it was very quick just version 6.01 of VDJ it is slow in.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 7:12 am
Well telling me what you have tried and not answering the questions doesn't get a closer to a resolution ...

What are the Performance Settings you are using ?

And great that you have tried the Registry tool, but what did you do ... maybe you didn't select the options that I would recommend.

I can't see your system ... so I need to know what is selected in order to give you a suggestion as to what may or may not be causing the problem.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 7:29 am
Sorry thought I had answered the questions asked.

In performance I have set it to fastest and the next one to the right.

Sound card auto, safe mode on, overclock on.

optimise for quality, simple algorothm

48-44khz basic
master tempo fast

With the registry tool.

Speedload ticked, clear effect on load checked, white cursor checked, nvideafreezebug checked, wheelmode checked.

All the rest is either off or on default.

resyncshift=882 directsoundsafe=441 ignore drives=0 history timer 20 pitchrange=33

I would also be very interested in a reworked version of the VJ skin, especially if it had vertical waveforms and 1440x900 resolution

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 8:32 am
Ok I have solved it, but also think I may have uncovered a bug.

I am using the the pro hi-res skin. If the skin is maximised to fill the screen the scanning is really slow, however if its not maximised it runs properly.

Tried it with other skins as well and all have the same slowdown behaviour when maximised

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 8:40 am

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 10:33 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)