Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Using Headphone to preview track

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello everybody, I'm completely new to using DJ softwares for live Djing. I have HP Pavilion laptop. I do not have much knowledge about sound cards. My problem is that I do not know hot to use my headphone to preview a track playing on one Deck while I'm playing the track on the other Deck through the loudspeakers. What type of usb sound card do I need to buy and what changes do I make in the settings ???
Please explain the things to me !!!

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 10:41 am
why don't you get the original vdj software, register & become a license user then we can all help. meanwhile, get the virtual vinyl sound card, it comes with a complete software and instructions to use. if u still have any problems, get back to me

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 6:05 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

Assuming that you are using the trial vaersion you can go to Config/Sound setup and select from there. You dont say what sound card outputs you have or if you are using an external mixer so unless you provide this information I can't help you any further.

If you are using a laptop and it only has one stereo output you would realy need to look at an external sound card. You could look at the Maya 44 as a starting point. The Virtual Vinyl mentioned already would be annother option. You will need to look for a card with 2 stereo outputs or 3 if you are using the internal mixer or want to use the preview function.

Regards

Daz

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 3:53 pm
My HP Pavilion laptop has only one stereo output. Can someone tell me which sound card do i need to buy to solve my above mentioned problem ???

Posté Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 5:26 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
In Order to use the headphone previewing mode with Virtual DJ, your soundcard need to be multi-channel ( 4.1 or 5.1 for example) and have the appropriate connections, otherwise, as it is your case right now, you can only have 1 streo Output.

Here a a list of popular DJ soundcards:

http://www.djstore.com/group/soundcards.htm

Posté Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 8:05 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
until you get your soundcard sorted out and if you have a mixer you can use try this...

basically if you cant follow the clip

go to config

soundsetup

outputs > external mixer

soundcards > mono seperated

output channels give you white lead/left channel red lead/right channel to your mixer

you will have to use a y splitter for each channel to get dual inputs into mixing desk

this will only give you mono sound output

Posté Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 11:35 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)