Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HELP HELP FIRST CLUB GIG

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok i have my first club gig in 2 weeks. The club I will be spining at only has a serato soundcard.
1. I have a serato soundcard do it matter if theres a newer version?

2. I Have a Vista (i will be using a External HD with 400 GB)

Hewlett-Packard
model : HP Pavilion dv2000
AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 1.80 GHZ
RAM: 1918 MB
32-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 Graphics

3. I knw I need more RAM, Can somebody tell me how much I should Get???

4. I prop need a better graphics card, Can somebody tell me which is a good one???

5.. Please is there other things I need to knw or get, Im already nervous I jus want to make sure everything goes right.
Are there any plugins I should get?????
What should be my VDJ ettings while at a the club, Whats the best settings?
Please jus help me.......

Posté Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 11:59 am
i hate to be "that guy" but maybe your not ready for a club. sounds like you just picked up a laptop and some headphones.

Posté Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 10:22 pm
djsynystr wrote :
i hate to be "that guy" but maybe your not ready for a club. sounds like you just picked up a laptop and some headphones.

Thats crazy u would say negative sH*t like that wow..I been djing for 9 years before the lap top era 2 techs and a mixer..I been doing weedings, private parties,dog shows, comedy shows, mix tapes..club owner ask me to spin thats all...thank you for the motivation..thats whats wrong with alot of djs they never want to give back..you prop dont even spin hiphop or rap and thats what djs was for..I knw somebody will help me on this forum..thank you..Im also a intern at a hip hop radio station....

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 9:16 am
that's funny because any dj i know that's been doing it for 9 years wouldn't say this:

".. Please is there other things I need to knw or get, Im already nervous I jus want to make sure everything goes right."

nervous, your been djing for 9 years? what are you nervous about? so with that statement it led me to believe exactly what i said. plus look at the title of your thread FIRST TIME CLUB GIG!

as for myself, do some research before you assume. you know what happens when you ASSume right? as for giving back read 99% of my posts "give back"

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 3:03 pm
djsynystr wrote :
that's funny because any dj i know that's been doing it for 9 years wouldn't say this:

".. Please is there other things I need to knw or get, Im already nervous I jus want to make sure everything goes right."

nervous, your been djing for 9 years? what are you nervous about? so with that statement it led me to believe exactly what i said. plus look at the title of your thread FIRST TIME CLUB GIG!

as for myself, do some research before you assume. you know what happens when you ASSume right? as for giving back read 99% of my posts "give back"

Dont need to do no research somebody all ready help me.. cuddy.. its good...A club setting is totally differnt then a wedding setting or any other party or event i jus wanted sum help that its... not a smart ass answer. Im 26 yrs old.. Dont care how old or how long a person been djing a person gets nervous.By u saying its not good for me to do a club..its like your hating dont reply to my threads if you gone be negative. Thats whats wrong with the world today and in my city Richmond, California...Research that?????
You could of been positive...Im jus glad we was not face to face and you said what u said....bad news bears...jus be careful what u say to people...I ask the same question to jazzy jeff on his twitter he gave me knowledge..

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 4:13 pm
SupaKidd,
You say in your post that the club already has a Serato soundcard, If I were you I would ask if you could go in on a slow night, or when it's not busy, and make sure it's going to work with your setup. Alot easier than trying to figure it out the night of your gig. A better option is to buy your own soundcard so you always know what you have. I use the Creative XFI express card with a dongle, runs around $150.Alot of guys here use the maya card. As for RAM I have one latop with 1G and one with 2G they both work fine, but that's running XP. If you're not going to use video then no need to upgrade your video card. Might not be possible with a laptop anyway, my new lptop I could upgrade but it's not cost effective. You didn't say what kind of music you plan on playing, but you should be able to get away with using VDJ,a mouse, and a mixer. Again, I would try and get in the club off hours and play around with there system first if possible. If you have anymore questions feel to send a private.

Keith

**** just saw you have your own soundcard, also think you said about the music you play. If everythings working for your other gigs, you shouldn't have to make any changes at the club. (general statement LOL )

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 5:00 pm
Follow the advice I gave you on the PM, that should do it.

Peace

DJ RuDe

Posté Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 2:14 am
Seriously,

If as you say, you are a DJ for 9 years, tons of this should be obvious. Setting up VDJ with different soundcards is trivial, as long as you've done your homework.

Why suddenly are you asking for more ram ? Either VDJ works on your current setup, or it doesn't. Similarly with the videocard..

Unless you are confident in getting setup and ready to rock in the booth, then you should always go down to the club first and check it out.

All of this is really basic stuff that you should know hands down as an experienced DJ.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 5:41 am
my point exactly.

also pointing out that your not ready for a club is far from hating. i'm so tired of hearing "hating" dude believe me you will never ever ever effect the money i make or where and when i play so how am i "hating" on you. i didn't say anything about your skill or ability just said with the ?'s your asking you shouldnt be djing in a club. so with that good luck with your first club gig.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 1:23 pm
djmoonie wrote :
Seriously,

If as you say, you are a DJ for 9 years, tons of this should be obvious. Setting up VDJ with different soundcards is trivial, as long as you've done your homework.

Why suddenly are you asking for more ram ? Either VDJ works on your current setup, or it doesn't. Similarly with the videocard..

Unless you are confident in getting setup and ready to rock in the booth, then you should always go down to the club first and check it out.

All of this is really basic stuff that you should know hands down as an experienced DJ.

djsynystr wrote :
my point exactly.

Come on you guys, this is starting to sound like all of the arrogant DJ's on the Serato boards! Those guys are constantly throwing around their "experience" at each other. People come here to the VDJ forums to get help, not get slapped in the face by people because of their ignorance about something. That's why they are here.

I spun records to back in the day and CD's later on, but now I am all digital using both VDJ and Serato. Because I am very computer savvy I didn't need help. Not everyone is computer literate, even DJ's with 9 years vinyl or CD experience. What does having 9 years experience spinning CD's and vinyl have to do with using a computer to DJ? Nothing!!

You need to go into the club days before your gig and test stuff out, you can't just walk in a few hours before, you need to take those precautions always, I think that is really the point they are trying to make, but you can play nice, guys.

DJ RuDe

Posté Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 1:50 pm
Hay man i am also new to the club game in New York. I found that going to the spot before had and just mixing and becoming comfortable with the equipmet is your best bet. No Dj became the best over night. But i found that the bigest thing you are going to need, is to be able to trust your equipment.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 6:36 pm
Hewlett-Packard
model : HP Pavilion dv2000
AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 1.80 GHZ

iF YOUR USING A laptop yOU WONT BE ABLE TO UPGRADE yOUR video cARD.
gET AT LEAST 1gb MORE OF DDR2 RAM. i ALSO USE READY BOOS 4gb fLASH dRIE TO ENSURE NO CRASHES. I HAVENT HAD A CRASH WHILE LIVE .. YET/
i HAVE 4gb. BUT VISTA 32BIT WILL ONLY SEE 3.5 (3.2gb)

eXTERNAL hd MAKES pc sLOWER since it has to travel tHRU tHE hard drive TO THE PC THEN TO THE sOFTWARE
iS BEST TO HAVE INTERNAL 72OOrpm hd.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 5:37 am
Rude..

This has nothing to do with putting people down, or throwing our experience around, but the very simple fact is, that if you are at least compitent with virtual DJ, and are happy your rig works for you, then you should have no problem. If you aren't, and need pretty basic advice, then the question that was rightly raised is.. are you really ready ?

Things like going down to the club first and doing a try out in their booth isn't rocket science...

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 7:47 am
djmoonie wrote :
Rude..

This has nothing to do with putting people down, or throwing our experience around, but the very simple fact is, that if you are at least compitent with virtual DJ, and are happy your rig works for you, then you should have no problem. If you aren't, and need pretty basic advice, then the question that was rightly raised is.. are you really ready ?

Things like going down to the club first and doing a try out in their booth isn't rocket science...

I understand what you r saying all i wanted was some help thats all i been having a crack version of VDJ4 that a friend gave to me he jus told me it was crack a couple o weeks ago..So i boughtt 6.0.1 and i already have the serato souncard..i jus want to make sure the things i have was good enough for the club thats all..i didnt want a negative answer..he could of jus ignored it...yeah im going to the club 2 day..im not a computer wizz..DJ RUDE had to explain to me what Latency means...i was jus asking for help thats..all i knw i went to far with all the BS..jus didnt think i would get answer like that..WE all Djs (a family) a person dont supppose to tell the next person what hes not ready for he suppose to tell him what to do to get ready.. Thats all...jus like somebody help him get where he was at ....

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 4:40 pm
Perhaps the original reply that has been given to your post could have been more delicately worded, but it does sound like you're still not fully comfortable with your setup.

If you are going to play in a club, you should at least be fully comfortable with your play out at home first, thats gotta be step one.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 6:01 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)