Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Upgrade from Realtek HD Audio

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

steo115Home userMember since 2009
hi all,

Currently have a Realtek onboard soundcard, seems OK with VDJ. Occasional distortion when mixing or using the effects. The majority of these have been combatted by changing the latency to auto and deselecting safemode and overclock.

My plan is to use the softwave to make a set for my wedding. Im ripping all the music that we want as .wav files and then recording the VDJ mix as a wav. So far the outputs seem ok but would there be a noticable differecne if I upgraded the soundcard to something like a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE or any other PCI soundcards? Im not looking to spend a fortune but need to ensure the mixes will sound crisp and be distortion free when played on the venues sound system.

Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks.

Posté Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 6:24 am
are you using the pitchlock alot?

I have used the Realtek onboard sound on both my Rackmount computer, and my desktop (not as high end as my rackmount).

I have almost zero distortion on both computers..

Using the pitchlock I do have some 'artifacts/distortion' on certain songs, buts its very rare, and it goes away if I take off pitchlock..

The main thing my pro PCI card seemed to help with was the latency.. IE: pitch changes, scratching etc happen real time with no drop outs.

Since it sounds like your not mixing "real time/live" I dont think a better sound card will help you much.
(in my opinion)

Posté Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 6:01 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)