Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Another Freeze Complaint

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
alrighty guys put me in the "freeze complaint" category!

Happened again...this is now twice when I've been at my montly residency...the exact same way it happened last time! How? I searched for "Calle Ocho" (this time last time it was "diva") and went to clear the seach box by using the mouse to tape on the box to clear it. SHe Froze! No crashreport...just "Program Not Responding" in task manager.

This is really getting frustrating surely this is being looked into by the team.

What really makes this suck is the owner is considering building a cpu for VDJ and purchasing it so the other djs can use it. Last month he was in the booth doing lights.

Nothing changed with my setup. I was using the hd-2500.

Posté Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 1:04 am
Jay,

Did you try disabling Windows File Indexing? Go to all the drives where you store music and right click one at a time from "My Computer", Then click on properties and down at the bottom you need to uncheck the option "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching".

This seems to have improved my search lock issues. I still get a lot of latency because I turn on "file date" so I can see the videos I loaded recently. Normally I will turn off "file date".

See if turning off the Windows indexing helps. I think you have two services fighting over the indexing.

My instructions above are for XP. I'm not sure if VISTA is different. I ignore VISTA.

Regards,

Jim L.

Posté Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 2:37 am
Thanks Jim, I'll try that and see if it helps. I'm real hesitant to give 6.0.1 another go nex month at this establishment...at least with v5 it gave me the smiley face which allowed me to use a cd as my next song while I restart the software.

Posté Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 11:16 am
Jimmy, you mentioned latency in filedate so you can see the videos you recently loaded...have you thought about setting up a filter folder for your newely added videos?

I use filter folders for my newest videos and songs. I have my filter folder for videos to show the newest 50, for music I have it show the newest 100.

Posté Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 12:11 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)